139 ❆ Affliction

Začít od začátku

Hoseok looked at Dion as he went, suddenly feeling guilty for letting his hurt at the fact Fera was dead get to him.

Jungkook and Taehyung rushed out of the house, both of them wrapping SeokJin in a tight hug as he fell to the floor crying.

Out of all the guys, he and Hoseok spent the most time with Fera, since she was their marshalle. Though out of Hoseok and SeokJin, Jin was the one that was closest to Fera. So her death stabbed him right in the chest, keeping him from breathing correctly and only allowing broken sobs to leave his lips.

Jungkook kissed Jin's forehead, tears running down all their faces, "I love you so much," Jungkook confessed to the fire elemental, in the mess of emotions he couldn't hold him back from saying it. He's wanted to say it for a long time, but never found the right time to do it, sure this one may have not been the best, but he needed to let it out.

SeokJin cried harder, he grabbed Jungkook's hand and nodded, "I love you too, bun," he confessed to him, Taehyung smiling at their interaction despite everything that was going on around them.

All the elementals walked over to Fera's body, and when they looked at the way she had been bleeding all over, her skin covered in now dry ash, and her hair lacking the life she gave it, made their hearts rip out of their chests and onto the ground. Seeing her like this was something they never wanted, hell, they never wanted to lose her in the first place.

They knew they couldn't bring her back, and didn't want her back with black magik, so they would just have to slowly accept that she was gone.

They would have to go on without her.

Despite how hard that was going to be.

How does one survive without the person who brought them safety?

Now, they'd have to find out.

<><><>

All day the next day the house was completely silent besides the soft cries, no one uttering a word, everyone mourning in their own way, especially the elementals. They already missed their fire momma, they missed knowing she was okay back in the academy. They missed being her fire babies.

The witches and warlocks may have not known Fera well, but they knew she meant a lot to them.

And Dion.

Dion hadn't come out of his room since Lolie healed him, the cut on his side now just a scar; Lolie was surprised at how fast he healed from it, but she knew his grief and want for revenge may have been apart of it.

She'd apologized for his loss, to all of them, telling them she didn't know when Fera would die, but she knew self sacrifice was going to bring her to her end. Lolie knew this by the way Fera acted with all of them and the spirits speaking to her and telling her. None of them blamed Lolie, nor yelled at her for not predicting the when, they knew they wouldn't have been able to change it.

Fera was stubborn.

She would've done anything to protect them.

And she did.

Dion sent Soyeon, Seonghwa, and Hayoon to tell Malchin the news of Fera's death; since he needed to know. When they came back they told Dion that Malchin was devastated by the news and to tell the elementals he knew that were close to her that he was sorry for their loss, which they did.

Fera's body was currently buried near the house, flowers surrounding the area. The witches casted a spell that would keep her body from rotting, since SeokJin said they still needed to tell Fera's mother, Shinhyun, and her father so they'd know what to do with their only daughters body.

SeokJin would be the one to tell them about her death.

Though that would come after this was all over.

Where he could assure them that the very people that were responsible for her daughters death were dead.

Soyeon knocked on Dion's door, she heard no reply though went in anyway.

She could only begin to imagine the pain he was in.

"Dion?..." she trailed off, walking into the room and closing the door.

Dion's room was a mess, which was unlike him, he had books sprawled out everywhere and his desk was a mess of papers and writing. He was currently sitting on the chair for that desk, and when he looked over at Soyeon he was unamused.

"What is it, Yeon?" he inquired, his voice flat and vacant of any emotions.

Soyeon sighed, placing the tea she had brought for him on the desk, "I came in here to check on you."

"Well i'm fine so you can get out," he told her, standing up and walking over to the books on the floor as he avoided eye contact with the girl.

Soyeon pouted, "You're not fine, Dion, you just lost someone extremely important to you, your first love, and you're bottling up your emotions. You told me a witches power is guided heavily by emotion-"

"I'm older than you, Soyeon, I can control my power," Dion had finally looked up at her, his voice still even as ever, and eyes boring into her.

"You may be older but what you just went through doesn't mean you're immune to the feeling of anguish and sorrow, Dion-" she began, only for Dion to interrupt her again with something completely off topic.

"Tomorrow we're all going to separate into groups to try and find what ever we don't have on that list to kill Jiwoo-"

Soyeon furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, she went up to Dion and moved the papers out of his hands, "Dion, we can't just jump back into this, you just watched Fera-"

At the mention of her name Dion ripped his arm from Soyeon's hold, his eyes filling with tears he refused to let out, "You want to know what'll make me feel better, Soyeon?"

The female nodded meekly, her eyes trained on the warlock in front of her.

"Ripping the heads off the very sons of a bitches that caused her to die, that made it so she felt no other choice but to kill herself!" Dion's eyes filled with more tears as he yelled that out, he quickly took a deep breath to reel his emotions back in, which Soyeon noticed.

"Let it out, Dion, holding it in isn't going to do anything-"

"Why'd she do it?!" Dion blurted out, the tears in his eyes now going down his cheeks though he tried to wipe them away, "Why didn't she wait?! I told her to wait, Soyeon, I tried, I tried to stop her I did-"

The warlock fell to his knees, falling apart in front of the very girl he told it was okay to break down. Soyeon rushed over to him and rubbed his back, guiding him through the pain, Dion's body was shaking from how hard he was crying, his eyes shut as he let the tears out.

"I miss her, its been a day but I already miss her so fucking much, Soyeon!" he ranted on, his tone absolutely broken, Soyeon nodding along with his words and telling him it was okay and that he did everything he could, reminding Dion that he was injured when it all happened.

"It wasn't your fault, Dion-"

"H-How can you all say that!?" Dion wailed, Soyeon's heart breaking at the sound, she'd never seen him this way.

Soyeon could understand the grief, the pain of feeling like you could've done more to change the outcome of what happened. Dion was there for her when she felt this way, so she was going to be here for him now, because she knew he needed someone to tell him it was okay to fall apart after what happened.

Later on that night Hoseok had come in and apologized to Dion, telling him he didn't mean what he said and knew Dion did everything he could to protect and stop Fera from doing it. Dion had forgiven him, understanding the outburst since he was hurt and surprised with the news. The two had hugged, Dion assuring him that he didn't take much offense from it.

Dion, despite his loss, grief, sorrow, anguish, and down right pain from losing Fera, knew one thing for sure;

He was going to make those motherfuckers pay.

a/n
Poor Dion and the fire babies :(