9🔥Friends and Freak Outs

"Hey, Yoongi?"

With a clear confused expression set on his face, and his stomach filling with a weird bubbly sensation, Yoongi turned to face who was calling for him.

And boy did he like the sight in front of him.

Hoseok had a small smile etched on his face, he was sweaty, so was Yoongi, since Fera and Victor had both groups do intense drills using their abilities; mostly defending against the other groups ability. Hence, the shirt Hoseok had on was clinging to his body, his muscles protruding out and it had Yoongi licking his lips subconsciously.

"Uh- Yoongi-ssi?" Hoseok inquired, rubbing his neck nervously, he ignored the fact Yoongi just eye fucked him.

Yoongi shook his head a bit, finally looking at Hoseok, the two completely ignoring the literal pull they felt towards each other, "Yes, Hoseok?"

"I-um-I-" Hoseok was trying his best to speak, but with the ice elemental in front of him staring at him so intensely with a low hanging shirt that revealed his collarbones and showed his biceps had Hoseok more flustered than he'd ever admit, "I wanted to thank you," he managed, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

Why did Yoongi have to be so goddamn attractive? It made Hoseok's gay heart hurt.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, "For what?"

"The night we were attacked you saved my life by freezing the elemental solider that was trying to kill me, I never got to thank you," Hoseok explained, keeping his distance from Yoongi as others spoke around them.

"Ah," Yoongi recalled, he softly smiled at Hoseok, "it's nothing, I would've helped you either way, wouldn't want that face of yours getting burned, now would I?"

Hoseok felt heat rise to his cheeks at the compliment, Yoongi's eyes even widening; what the hell did he just say?

Hoseok cleared his throat, "Thank you, for the compliment and helping me, I wish I could repay you."

Yoongi hummed, "Don't worry about it, Hoseok-ah, it was a tough night for all of us."

Hoseok only nodded, he was about to walk away, only for something to pull him back; whether it be his thoughts or the words that wanted to leap from his tongue, he didn't know. All he did know was he wanted to be more than just aquantinces with Yoongi, hell, the man saved his life and now he was going to pretend it was just nothing and act like a stranger towards him again?

Fuck no.

"Hey, Yoongi," he called out, the frost elemental looking at him, "can we be friends?" he asked, with more confidence than he knew he possessed.

Yoongi smiled, a genuine smile that showed his gums; damn Hoseok has never fallen for a smile so quickly, "Sure," is all Yoongi responded with before walking away with a girl.

Hoseok left standing their with a smile playing on his own lips.

<><><>

The water was clear under the moons light, the small creatures inhabiting it swam around placidly, untroubled by the outside world. The trees swayed in the soft breeze around the area, playing a love song only the creatures of the night could truly hear and fall in love with.

Under the silver moon sat two friends, friends with feelings that were more than friendly yet they didn't have the guts to admit them to each other; the fear of rejection corrupting their confidence.

Jimin had his knees pulled up to his chest, he was staring into the pond that laid in front of him and Namjoon, "You know it's not your fault."

NamJoon sighed, leaning back on his hands with his legs outstretched in front of him, "Jimin, you don't understand-I-I could have warned people! Told them what I told you, Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung-"