80 ❆ ooo and Freezing

Apprehension enveloped the room like a suffocating fog.

Yang had called for a meeting in the auditorium, it's around 3 pm, and no one was expecting the surprise Assembly; well, no student was.

The marshalle's were standing around Yang, like they always were, Fera to her right, Victor to her left, and guards around the auditorium in their traditional areas.

No one knows why Yang called for a meeting, though they all could make pretty good guesses.

"Over the last 2 weeks much has happened within our academy, Park Jimin was badly injured in what we took as another warning, and thankfully so," Akida began, gesturing towards Jimin, who was snuggled against NamJoon and hiding away from the stares given to him. "during the attack, we lost some of our own, though, through-"

"Why?" Janella, the same Earth elemental who lost her best friend during the first attack, shouted as she stood from where she was previously seated. She was a section away from the group, a couple rows up from them. "Why did Hoseok get to be brought back?" she shouted again, her voice quavering with anger and sadness from the wound that had scabbed over before.

Hoseok sunk in his seat, SeokJin beside him and glaring at the earth elemental from where he was seated. Yoongi was a couple seats away beside Songhee and Jungkook. Hoseok's been given dirty looks ever since he returned from the dead, because everyone wondered why he could be brought back but their friends and loved ones couldn't be. Some of them didn't outright blame him, while others did, this part of the reason Hoseok has been in Yang's office more times that year than he's ever been in his 4 years at the academy.

Someone would talk down on him, ask him why the hell he could be brought back, and Hoseok would get angry and upset as a result. He didn't ask to be brought back, so why the hell was he getting the short end of the stick?

Usually, Hoseok was good at masking his anger, he was good at calming himself down, but ever since he came back; he hasn't been able too. So, during one particular altercation he'd lashed out at the person, screamed at them, yelled, and terrified them when they saw that choleric look in his eyes that screamed he could burn them where they stood.

Ever since that one enounter, no one has brought it up.

Not until now.

She looked over at Hoseok, tears in her wide puppy like eyes, "I'm not saying that Hoseok shouldn't have been brought back, or saying he should've stayed dead, but... but why then? Why couldn't NamJoon-ssi have figured it out before hand? So MANY died and he was brought back? When something happened to one of his friends he suddenly found the way to bring them back?" her tone shifted as she continued to talk, more like yell, her glare burning into NamJoon.

Jimin tilted his head into her line of sight, Janella now staring at him, Jimin's eyes shifted to their cloudy white threateningly as he glared at her. Janella gulping at the sight.

"Minnie, it's fine," NamJoon whispered, Jimin finally backing down after he mouthed 'shut up before I make you' to Janella; NamJoon just sighed.

Chancellor Yang finally stepped in, "I understand your pain, Janella, and of course NamJoon's knowledge would have been helpful in earlier fights, but you can't blame him nor Hoseok for the circumstances of that first night. We were all scared." she spoke, tears gathering in Janella's naturally hazel eyes.

"Do you understand?" she inquired, tilting her head as she gazed at Yang upon the stage, "do you understand what it's like to watch your bestfriend die and feel helpless? Then find out there was a way to bring them back?"

Yang slowly nodded, her hands interlocked in front of her, "I do."

"Well-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" someone suddeny yelled from the crowd, another earth elemental stood a couple rows down from Janella, he was clearly annoyed, "We get it, you lost your bestfriend, I lost loved ones too but you don't see me making a scene. Don't blame NamJoon because you weren't smart enough to figure it out your fucking self and don't blame Hoseok when he didn't ask." a low ooo was heard in the crowd, NamJoon and Hoseok both covering their faces.

"Listen bitch," Janella began, her eyes morphing to green, "you-"

"ENOUGH!" Chancellor Yang shouted, pushing her wind ability out as she did, which forced both elementals to shut up and sit down, "the point of this assembly was not for arguments-"

"C..Chancellor-" someone from the last section whimpered, Yang's head snapping in that direction, she was about to yell until she saw what was in front of her.

Lee Chaerin, the only female pure ice elemental (since Hayoon left), was holding her hand over her chest as she fell in the middle of one of the aisles, she was shaking uncontrollably.

Yang jumped off the stage, along with her marshalle's, and ran over to her, others trying to see what was happening.

Most of the group was able to make it to where Chaerin was, watching in absolute horror as her skin turned blue.

Everyone quickly realized she was freezing to death.

"Do something!" someone in the crowd of people yelled, worry heard in their voice.

Yang made sure Chaerin had room to breathe, since everyone was too nosy for their own good.

Fera created a ring of fire in an attempted to warm up the room, as a result warming up Chaerin, but it wasn't working. She was still trembling.

Through her trembling, Chaerin looked at Akida, beckoning her to come closer. Akida did so, her ear near Chaerin's purple lips, "what are you going to do now, Chancellor?" Chaerin's voice was scratchy, raspy, not the voice of the girl who was currently dying in front of over half the school.

Akida's eyes widened at the words, NamJoon, who was a couple inches away, realizing what was going on when he saw the horror reflecting in the Chancellors eyes.

Chaerin was being controlled by a shadow, but instead of it trying to hurt everyone else using Chaerin's abilities, it was using Chaerin's ability to kill her.

Like it tried to do with Jimin.

Just, with Chaerin, they didn't know what to do. They didn't have a solution since what was going on was internal.

Before most of them could comprehend it, Chaerin was frozen in front of them, her body stopped shaking and she was still, staring ahead of her in a lifeless manner. Akida deeming her dead when she tried to feel a pulse and found none.

"Bring her back!" Janella yelled at NamJoon, turning to face the taller, "like you did with Hoseok, bring her back!"

"I don't know how!" NamJoon shouted back, now annoyed with her, "if I did I would obviously be trying!"

Jimin was about to walk over to Janella and smack her, but NamJoon held him back.

NamJoon really didn't know how he'd be able to bring Chaerin back, they needed a body of water and needed to act fast, and he knows they wouldn't be able to make it in time to save her. Plus, it all depended on fate, the universe needed to want Chaerin back.

And from the way she died, he doesn't think it'd work in the first place.

a/n
You'll be meeting the mystery person who defended NamJoon and Hoseok, though, if you've read my other books, you've met him before :) (and y'all like him, don't worry)

R.I.P Chaerin