Izuku gets a reminder

Izuku casually strolled through the hallways, savouring the peaceful quiet that surrounded him. Classes were ongoing, no loitering in the hallways, which also gave him a chance to breathe.

He pondered who would end up as class president for about a minute until he realised he didn't care. As long as he wasn't chosen, he'd be perfectly happy. The responsibilities of the role just weren't for him, although if he did want to organise them all together, he could have. It wasn't especially hard when nearly everyone in the room feared him for one reason or another.

His wicked grin showed how he felt about that.

The mask he wore was stuffy, the humidity of the air blowing through the open windows he passed hitting him like a smack in the face. Sighing, he longed for his normal vigilante mask, the air filter so much more appreciated now that he knew of the hardships normal (well, relatively normal) cloth presented.

The door to the staff room swung open under his hand, the teachers currently in the room looking at him. Their emotions were mixed, some happy and joyous, while others were more reserved in their curiosity. He had been hoping to catch the staffroom at a quiet time, to avoid any unwanted questions or grilling from other teachers, but clearly that was impossible.

Resigning himself to his fate, he strolled in, immediately heading towards the coffee machine, nearly groaning in relief at the freshly made coffee already sitting there, steam still wafting from the container.

A hand gripped his elbow as he reached for the pot absentmindedly and instincts kicked in before he could stop them. His own hand had wrapped around the other's throat, although he didn't bother to turn at the sharp squeak that escaped the poor soul, instead calmly pouring two cups of coffee, already looking forward to the dull, yet proud thankful stare he would receive via Aizawa.

Humming lightly, he squeezed his grip tighter around the person's throat as they squirmed, distantly aware of how quiet the room had fallen. Eyes trained themselves on him, and if Izuku had to bet, he would say that Snipe already had his gun locked on Izuku. And wasn't that a relief.

He lifted the mug of coffee to his lips as he turned, sipping it through the straw he had brought along for this reason, knowing it would come in handy. The loud slurps drowned out the pitiful choking noises that sounded even worse as they echoed around the room. All Might stood there, looking torn between his lanky form and his buffed up version, wide azure eyes looking scared and lost. Just like how Izuku had looked at the man as a child on that rooftop.

He stood there for a minute, unable to stop himself from squeezing hard one last time before he removed his hand, a fake chuckle leaving his lips.

"Whoops, sorry, didn't see you there," he apologised, the tone of his voice leaving no room to even argue over whether he was being sincere or not. The answer was obvious. "Maybe next time don't touch someone without their permission. You don't know what's happened in their past." The dig must have stung because All Might winced, leaving a victorious feeling climbing up Izuku's throat. He knew the hero didn't remember what Izuku had told him on the roof. He hadn't cared enough.

Izuku stepped past him, dainty picking up the other mug in his hands.

Present Mic called out to him as he passed, the only one whose expression was still happy, lips set in a broad, unrestrained smile.

"Hiya little listener. You bring that coffee to Shouta?"

Izuku didn't mind the man, which led to him sitting on the other's desk, careful not to move anything or be disruptive. Present Mic seemed like a good person. "Yeah, he seems dead today. The class is picking a class president."