Tests are Pests (part 1)

Izuku had jumped out of that window for dramatic effect, he would admit it. It was a faster way to get out of the school too. Easier for him too... his wound had felt a lot better. Plus he knew how to fall, he wasn't a first-timer.

Izuku didn't mind that his mother had been so worried. Yes, it scared him, but he knew she would be fine with or without him. She was, he had gotten that from her. Definitely not his father anyway.

He was actually excited for the first time in... a while. After being bullied his whole life, joy was an unfamiliar sort of emotion. The most he usually felt was disinterest in everything around him, and small bursts of anger. Of course, love was easy to come by for his mother and Malaki. That cat could melt his heartstrings with a blink of her slitted eyes.

Nezu had somehow found his own personal phone number and text him about the date of the test. It was in a week. Of course it was.

He assumed he would be told the result the same day too, as the other students' results would already be in the process of being sorted.

So, that meant he had to hurry up and recover. His stitches were still relatively sore, but as long as he left them for a few days he would be fine. He needed to get into UA. The opportunity he was being handed was too special to pass up. Even his mum agreed after she had eventually left Recovery Girl's office.

She actually had said she was proud of him. Proud.

But if she was happy with him nearly dying, and then being taken in his heroes... then fine by him.

Izuku was exhausted and just wanted to sleep by the time he was home. He had been planning on studying but even his strong will couldn't hold up under the stress and healing his body had gone through the last few days.

He conked out on his bed as soon as his head hit the pillow, his mouth left hanging open after sleeping during a yawn. His eyes half-closed, he barely felt the hand that ran soft fingers through his hair.

Once he woke up, earlier than he had expected for how tired he had been, he noticed the window had been left open. He must have forgotten to close it the night before. He got up to close it and spotted Malaki sitting on the ledge, enjoying the bright morning sun.

Izuku scooped her up into his arms, her meow of delight soothing his nerves that had already started to appear for the exam. Izuku sighed and scratched behind her ears, listening to her purrs of contentment. He stumbled to the kitchen, bleary-eyed and yawning, and set the kettle to boil. He wanted some tea or else he knew he would fall asleep studying. Coffee would come later, at a more desperate time for energy.

Maybe eyebags had the right idea. Stay up all night, drink coffee, and pretend that sleep didn't exist. Perhaps the boy was a vampire. It might make sense. But he hadn't noticed any fangs. Just a blushing face. He might have to apologize to him when he saw him again. Using that voice on eyebags may have been a mistake. But he was cute.

Izuku was glad he had gotten that sleep beforehand because whether he wanted her to come or not, Recovery Girl had shown up at his house. Apparently, his mother had invited her to dinner. Which was so cool, to have a hero in his kitchen, eating the same dinner he did, because she was a true real helpful hero. She insisted on kissing him once again. He thanked his disciplined soul that he had gotten study done before dinner because he immediately felt tired. He was sure if he had stayed up longer than he did the night before he would have passed out.

He excused himself from dinner after that. He was actually really happy since now his stitches could be taken out. She had insisted on doing that too, and he let her before jumping into bed and drifting off.