Laughter is the best medicine

Izuku was currently trying to breathe past the arms crushing his body and causing his lungs to begin caving in. Mei pulled back from carrying out her vendetta to kill him, punching him weakly in the shoulder. He laughed, the dryness in his throat making itself known. 

The emotional pink-haired girl rolled her eyes, grabbing a glass of water from his bedside table, thrusting it into his hands before he could protest. Her pointed stare glared holes in his head until he relented, taking a long gulp from the cup. Putting it down again, Izuku opened his arms back to the other, pulling her in for another hug. She settled against him easily, nuzzling further into his arms.

"You're a fucking idiot, you know that?" Her voice betrayed the worry she still felt, especially as he winced below her, his wound grinding against the bed uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I know. You won't let me forget it either," he sighed, running a hand through her hair. He knew how scared she must have been, almost losing the first friend she had gained. Not to mention how if there was one thing Mei hated, it was uncertainty. And there had never been a guarantee he would wake up.

"Nope. Never." Her shaky smile said it all, their holds on each other tightening.

A knock on the door interrupted their moment, the comfort of having a friend close by, someone who would accept his whole idiotic, reckless personality for what it was and just encourage him to do better.

Aizawa stood in the doorway, the fading light wrapping around his form, his blank stare holding a hint of… awkwardness?

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I need to give out to Izuku about how he should never cause me that much worry and should care more about his health right about now. So if you wanna do your like, secret handshake or something that would be great."

Mei shot Izuku a look and he nearly laughed maniacally at the wicked look in her eyes. They looked as though they were glowing. He understood straight away what she wanted and nodded.

And so, they began their handshake.

**********

He had been standing there for ten minutes now.

Aizawa wanted to bash his head into a wall.

The man had barely been able to contain the urge to hold Loki close as soon as he saw the boy, his happiness almost bursting from him at the light within those eyes. He had held himself back because of those intense yellow eyes peeking out from Loki's chest.

He regretted his words from before.

If he had known they had a handshake, even a small one, he never would have said it. 

He was stuck watching their fast-paced handshake and actually wanted to die. This was ridiculous. How they had even created this monstrosity he couldn't comprehend, the various moves and small mirroring expressions making Aizawa groan into his hands and shake his head.

These two would be the death of him.

One last echoing slap later of their hands against each other and their angelic smiles turned to him. They looked up at him in innocence, the mischief written all over their features.

"Well, I'm off. I have a surprise for you later Izuku, so don't go running off as you usually do." She left with a quick wave, running out of the building with her school bag banging against her back.

Aizawa shook his head, muttering, "That girl," as he watched her sprint away from them.

Loki had straightened from his position on the bed when he spun back around, eyeing the boy carefully.