A Mix of Old and New

The whole class walked out onto the field after changing, looking nervous and filled with anticipation. Izuku hadn't bothered and just preferred to converse with Eraserhead, chatting to him about the new batch of students. They agreed that some of the students were full of potential.

Izuku almost jumped when explosions sounded close by, forcing himself to relax his muscles.

Just instincts reacting.

"Right, everyone line up. We are doing a run-through of normal middle school exercises, with and without quirks."

A few groans were heard throughout the room, but they shut up quickly when Aizawa's hair stood on its end, eyes glaring into their souls.

Izuku laughed into his mask, watching the wide-eyed students. They were all so young and innocent. 

"Line up now." They quickly formed a straight line, three across at the first event. "This time you do it without quirks."

They completed each test, Izuku excelling in each competition. This was barely a touch on his normal work out, so he breezed through them all quickly. It wasn't hard to surpass everyone, the only one putting up any competition was Bakugou, but even he couldn't compete with the experience that Izuku had. 

Then came the part Izuku had been excited for.

"Now, this time you can all use your quirks in any way fit to boost your performance," Aizawa told them, glancing towards Izuku in understanding. They had talked over this part of the assessment and decided upon something that would surprise the others, but that they couldn't argue with.

Izuku quickly powered up his boots, ready to jump across the running field.

"Wait, Sir, why does Loki get to use equipment? That isn't really fair," a blond boy with a black lightning streak racing through it spoke up. Izuku shot him a glance, before turning to face the class as a whole.

"Well guys, it wouldn't really be fair on me to have to show you my own power. You might all crumple into dust," he said, his voice deep and powerful, causing shivers to snake up the students' spines. 

"On that note, get on with it." Aizawa rolled his eyes, tapping his foot as they all scrambled towards the line. 

They continued through the exercises, Izuku using a wide range of his equipment. It was easy to get through the different middle school type assessments, but there was a noticeable improvement in the other students' performances too. They seemed to be able to do more with their quirk although Izuku suspected another reason to be the forefront of the cause.

He noticed the creation girl looking down over one of her scores and approached her. She looked up as he came closer, warily looking at him. He smiled, or at least, his mask did. She smiled softly back, noticing this and said a small hi to him.

"Hi, I just wanted to say, your quirk is amazing! Can you create anything? I only noticed it when you built that super fast scooter to cross the running field, how does it work?"

She seemed shocked at his interest but talked over her quirk for a good three minutes.

"Oh goodness, I almost forgot to ask you your name. How silly of me," she exclaimed, laughing lightly. Izuku decided he liked her right then and there, just because of how easy she was to talk to.

"Well, I'm sure you know I'm Loki, but I'm more interested in your name."

"Momo Yaoyorozu, nice to meet you. I can't believe we have an actual vigilante in our class. I have actually done a lot of research on you. I've always been fascinated by vigilante work." She stuck out her hand and they continued to have a conversation on his work and what he has had to do in the past as part of it.