138 ☾ The Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Despite him joining their journey late, Fera still treated him like she did the others.

NamJoon looked down at the ground and toed it, sticking his hand in the dirt only up to his knuckles, his eyes widened, "They're here," he muttered, swallowing the lump that formed in his throat, "they're underground."

Ilsung, with furrowed eyebrows yet surprised eyes, stuck both his hands in the ground and felt for the roots underground, now looking at it in a new light.

NamJoon was right.

He could feel two strong human presences underground, both buried in different places though only moving a bit and not as much as he expected them too.

They were tied up.

And buried.

He could also feel vocal vibrations, which meant the two were screaming but none of them were able to hear them.

"SeokJin is over there," he pointed towards the patch of land that looked untouched a couple feet away from them, "and Songhee is... here." he looked down beneath him, and right when he was about to stomp on the ground to lift the earth, something lifted him up and threw him against a tree.

"ILSUNG!" Jeongyeon screamed, staring at the creature that threw him with terror but she tried to conceal her fear as her eyes morphed into their viney green.

Which glowed.

And caused more to swarm them.

These creatures were around 7 feet tall, some shorter than others, and all seemed as if they were made out of pure solidified darkness. They had deep holes in their head areas, which Dion assumed was where they saw the light that they were attracted too, their arms shifted into whatever they pleased, a sword, any weapon, they had something dripping off of them which Dion screamed for them to steer clear from.

Fera's eyes morphed into their fiery orange as she blasted one of them with fire.

Which caused more to come.

Dion grabbed her and shrouded them in darkness before they could catch her, but one of them did cut him deep on his side, "S-stop, they are attracted to light and fire won't help, it'll only attract them to you." he told her, Fera nodding as she panted.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her voice frantic as she tried to feel for Dion's wound but it was too dark.

Her hand did graze it, and her eyes widened at the feeling of blood. Dion winced.

"I'm fine, Fera, it only makes me weak with my m-magik that's it," Dion assured her, grabbing her hand in the darkness and pulling her in so he could kiss her and assure her some more.

Fera pulled away and nodded, trusting her boyfriend to tell her if it was something more.

When he lifted the darkness they saw many of those things surrounding the area and lunging at the ones who tried to use their abilities to try and get Songhee and SeokJin out of the ground.

It seemed impossible to get them out.

They were attracted to light and the glow of an elementals eyes, so they couldn't use their abilities unless they wanted one of those things to swarm them. And Dion was now weaker than before because of the deep cut, so he couldn't shroud them all in darkness like he did too him and Fera.

Dion and Fera were at a loss for what to do until they heard one of those creatures roar, which surprised them, but had them wondering why in the hell it did it in the first place.

When they looked over they saw Namjoon using his ability to get SeokJin out of the ground while Jimin had them wrapped in a bubble made of wind; which kept the creatures out, for the most part, Hayoon in there as well cutting off any part of those creatures that got through. Jimin was pushing hard against them, some of the creatures creating openings within the bubble and trying to get to them but Hayoon tried to keep them away. NamJoon yelled that Jimin needed to hold it longer because SeokJin was buried deep in the ground and he needed to dig really freaking far to get to him.