Marlos (Carvie, Jaydrey)

Mal's POV

I can't. I can't fall in love with him. He's Evie's. They are together, and will remain together. Besides, since when did I deserve someone as good as him? Since when did I want someone like him. I decided I needed to spill my feelings to someone. Jay.

I found myself knocking on his dorm door, hoping to God Carlos wasn't home. God didn't answer my prayer. Carlos opened the door. I felt my face flush red as I tried to explain I needed Jay. "I... uhh... I'm here... for... J... Jay..."I stuttered out. Carlos gave a me a confused look.
"Okay, he's right here,"he replied. Carlos then stepped out of the way to reveal Jay sitting on the couch. Carlos called Jay over and I dragged him away from the dorm and to a table outside.
"What's the problem, Mal?"he asked, annoyed.
"Well... I think I've fallen in love..." Jay's eyes widened.
"Ooh, who with?"he teased.
"C... Carlos..." Jay almost choked.
"Your best friend's boyfriend?!" I nodded.
"What am I supposed to do?!"I complained, shoving my face into my hands. Jay drummed his fingers in the table, thinking.
"You need to tell E."
"What?!?! Are you crazy?!?! She's mad about Carlos, she loves him so much, she'll kill me!!!! She's so protective over him!!!!"
"The longer you leave it, the stronger your feelings will get." I glared at Jay.
"Ugh, fine, I'll tell her!"

Later that evening, I returned to the dorm to see Evie sitting on her bed, writing. "Hey E..."I began, preparing myself for telling her.
"Mhm?"she replied, looking up at me, oblivious to how mean I was being. How greedy I was. I wanted Carlos. I loved him, I needed him. I needed his love.
"Well... there's something I need to tell you..."
"Oh, I need to tell you something too! Can I go first?"
"Yeah, sure." I tried to hide my relief.
"I'm gonna break up with Carlos. I think I'm in love with Uma..." I felt my world suddenly become brighter.
"Thank god!" I felt myself saying.
"What?"
"Well, I was gonna tell you I have a crush on Carlos, but I was scared because..." Evie's glare caused me to trail off.
"You what?!"

Carlos' POV

Evie broke up with me. On my birthday. But what made my day even worse, was that everybody forgot it was my birthday. EVEN JAY!!!! I sat on a table outside, alone, crying. Nobody noticed me. I felt some arms wrap around my shoulders, a small box clutched in their hands. I recognised the purple nail polish and dragon ring. The owner of the arms was Mal. She sat beside me and smiled. "Happy birthday, C!"she said, with a bright smile as she handed me the small box. I smiled back, accepting the box. It was wrapped in red paper with a black and white bow. Gently, I opened it. Inside was a bar of chocolate, wrapped in red wrapping saying 'Birthday', along with a notepad and pen. I smiled even more.
"Thanks Mal,"I replied, hugging the dragon girl.
"I heard about your break up with E..."she said, "I don't know who would have the gut to do something like that on someone's birthday!"
"Well... nobody seems to have remembered it's my birthday, only you..." Mal looked shocked.
"Not even Jay?!"
"Not even Jay..." Mal's smile faded.
"That's terrible..."
"But it's okay, because you remembered!" I tried to bring back her smile. I don't know why, but I loved seeing Mal smile, and it hurt me whenever it faded.
"Guess you've had quite a bad day then..."she continued.
"But you've made it a lot better!" Then, her smile came back. She gave me a hug, then continued to speak.
"Carlos... I've needed to tell you something... for quite a while... but I didn't want to... because of Evie..."
"What is it?" Mal didn't raise her head to meet my eyes. So, I tilted her head up slightly, making her look me in the eye.
"Well..." she turned red, "I kinda have a crush on you..."
"I know."
"Wait what?!?!"
"I mean, you blush every time I look at you! You were blushing when I answered the door yesterday, you blushed whenever I came to see Evie and you've turned the colour of a fire hydrant just now!" I watched Mal's cheeks turn brighter red.
"I... uhh... I..." Before Mal could say anything else, I kissed her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. I felt her arms wrap around my neck. Best kiss in the world. Way better than any I'd gotten from Evie.

Jay's POV

Carlos and Mal started dating the day after his birthday. I felt bad for forgetting, but he said it was fine, because if I'd remembered, maybe they wouldn't have kissed and started dating. I knew they were meant to be. They were perfect for each other. Just like me and Audrey.

A/N:
This is copied from my 'Ships' book. Uhh idk what else to say. Love you all! ❤️