Bal, Jaylos, Evdrey (Benlos, Malvie)

Ben stood at the foot of his bed. He watched Mal sleep, calmly, in front of him. Today was the day he was gonna tell her. Tell her he was in love with one of her best friends. Ben hoped Mal took it well and they'd still be friends, because Carlos wouldn't want to be with him if he upset her. Slowly, Mal's eyes opened. Okay, the day had officially began...

Ben and Mal were walking back to their bedroom, when the dragon girl stopped. "Ben?"she began, turning to face the King.
"Yeah?"Ben replied, returning her gaze.
"I... I'm sorry... I think we should break-up... I'm sorry..."
"That's okay Mal, I was actually gonna break-up with you today anyway."
"Really?! Who're you in love with?"
"Umm... Carlos..." Ben flushed bright red. Male blushed slightly too.
"Cool... I kinda like Evie... but good luck trying to get Carlos, he only trusts me, E and Jay, doesn't understand hints so you have to be straightforward and never ask what's under his mask. He will ignore you forever." Ben notes these things in his head. Straightforward, okay, I was gonna do that anyway, Ben thought, Try and earn his trust and don't ask about the mask. Okay Benjamin, you got this. Ben smiled.
"Thanks for the advice."
"I'll go pack up my things, Evie has a spare room I can stay in until I earn her heart." Mal skipped ahead, now feeling a lot happier. She used her magic to pack all her things up into a bag before grabbing her phone and saying bye to Ben. "I'm glad it all worked out well."
"Yeah, same, good luck with Evie."
"Good luck with Carlos. You'll need it." The pair shared a small laugh before Mal continued her journey to Evie's home.

Ben stood there. Carlos and Jay lived in an apartment in Auradon City, close to their colleges. Even though they'd gone to different ones, they were so close that both boys could live together. They were inseparable, and Ben wondered if Carlos would even want to move away from Jay and into the castle. Gently, he knocked on the door. Jay opened it. "Hey Ben, what's up?"he asked.
"Hey Jay, I was wondering if I could see Carlos?"Ben replied, hopeful.
"Uhh, yeah sure. Hold on a moment." Jay let Ben step in before shutting the door and quickly running to Carlos' room. The King took a seat on the couch and looked around the apartment. It was open plan, with the kitchen attached to the living room and a small balcony looking over the city. There were two bedrooms and a bathroom, the bedrooms located on a small raised area and the bathroom just by where Ben was sitting. Carlos came out of his bedroom, wearing his mask as well as a pair of red skinny jeans, a black t-shirt with white spots and a black leather jacket with black fingerless gloves and red and white spotty socks. His hair was in its usual curly attire, looking like a cloud, but something was new. He was wearing a necklace that had something written on it. It was a small heart locket with the word. Ben's started to worry that it could've been given to him by his new lover. But wouldn't he have told them if he wasn't single anymore? As Carlos grew closer, the word on his necklace became clear. Written in swirly writing, it said Jaylos with a tiny heart at the end. Ben's heart shattered into a million pieces.
"Hi Ben!"Carlos said, cheerfully, sitting beside his friend, not noticing the heartbreak on the King's face.
"Hey Carlos... how are you? We haven't spoken in a while and I wanted to see how you were,"Ben replied, a lot less cheerful.
"Aww, thanks for caring. Me and Jay are good, in fact, we started dating last week!"
"That's great! I'm really happy for you..." Ben tried his best to hide the sadness in his voice.
"Is something wrong?"
"Kinda... me and Mal broke up earlier today... I was wondering if you, me and Jay could have some bro time?" Carlos nodded excitedly.
"That's a great idea! Sorry about your break-up, but to be honest, I always knew there was something between Mal and Evie. C'mon, I'll get Jay and we can go out!"

Meanwhile, Mal was still trying to find the best way to tell her crush. She'd managed to talk to Evie about her break-up, and her bestie was supportive, as always. Now was her chance. The two girls were curled up on the couch together, watching a movie when Evie suddenly said,"Oh M! I forgot to say, I have a girlfriend!" Mal's heart shattered.
"R... really? Cool, who?"Mal replied, hiding the heartbreak in her voice. Just as Evie was about to reply, someone walked through the door. Someone Mal did not like.
"Hey babe!"Evie cries excitedly, running up and kissing the girl on her cheek.
"Seriously?!"Mal almost yelled, standing up,"Audrey?!" The smile on Evie's face faded.
"Y... yeah. I know you guys aren't really close, but I don't like it when two people I love hate each other. C'mon, I'm sure you can work something out!" Mal couldn't believe it. How was it Audrey and Mal always loved the same people?! First Ben, now Evie?! The dragon girl took a deep breath. For Evie... she thought.
"I'm sure we can..."Mal finally said. Evie smiled.
"C'mon Auds, we're watching Jumanji, the Next Level!"

Later that night, Mal rang Ben. He picked up. "Hi Mal, how did it go with Evie?"he asked.
"Terrible, she has a girlfriend now, Audrey,"Mal replied, sadly.
"Oh... it didn't go so well with Carlos either, he and Jay got together last week."
"Oh... that's sad. You know, maybe they aren't the ones for us. Maybe you and me could try again? Now we know they don't like us, it could make us feel better. Not like a rebound or anything, just to help the pain."
"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Yeah, cya." Mal hung up and sighed. At least they're happy... she thought, Maybe Ben is my happily ever after... She smiled to herself. She was so lucky to have such a perfect family.

A/N:

I'm sorry for this 🥺 Yes, I brought back mask!Carlos. I was originally gonna write it Benlos, but I failed 😂 Of course, trust me to write a full story with no Jaylos whatsoever 😂(That was sarcasm btw) I'll do it one day, but I want to know if you guys want it first. Comment if I should do a mask!Carlos but Benlos! Love you all ❤️