"The king of DARADA wants to speak to you your majesty." He announced.

I turned back to my mother.
"We shall continue this later." I followed Vihaan out. Duty calls.

*****

I arrived at the throne room where the king of DARADA was.

"You look just like your father, am sure you will become a great ruler like him." He said as soon as he saw me. I bowed my head for him showing him respect even though he's in my kingdom.

"Thank you but I was informed that you have a proposal to make." Vihaan had told me everything while we came here.

"Yes."

"So let's save time. Tell me what you want to say."

"The trade this year is difficult in BAHLIKA because of the damaged roads and you are new to this trade, your father might have taught you but you lack experience." He's beating around the bush but I don't have time for this.

"Everything you just said, I know it all but what do you want?"

"I would like to give you assistance and advise you in ruling your kingdom. From a king to a king." He smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you for the offer but I have my royal advisor, that's his job."

Get to the point.

"Yes but he's not a king is he? Partner with me."

"Your kingdom are one of the richest in trade..." He interrupted me before I could finish my sentence.

"Which is why you should partner up with me."

"Or which is why I would be suspicious."

"You are wise just like your father but should I remind you that he was a good friend to me."

"Yet you were never partners."

"Because he never needed my support unlike you, you do. As a friend of the late king, I would like to help his son."

He doesn't want to say it.
"King Singh, if that's the case I believe this is a delicate matter and I can not make quick decision so please let me think about it."

"Very well then, it shows that you will be a wise and powerful king."

"Thank you. If that's all, I'll take your leave, I have other things to do."

"One more thing."

"What?"

"Since am offering such a good deal, I would like to make another proposal with you."

"Go on."

"Would like to propose an alliance with you through marriage."

He has finally said it. King Singh has been trying to get me married to his daughter Amoli for long but my father had always refused him because he knew about my feelings. Feelings everyone knows about except her.

"This is a great alliance and a wonderful proposal but it's still delicate so I'll need to think about it as well."

Because of my statement, king Singh became angry. "Better take the chance now for opportunities like this don't come always. I shall take your leave." He glared at me before retreating.

That's not true, proposal like this comes alot for me and even more now that I'll be a single king.

But not for long.

I smiled to myself when I remembered, she finally accepted.

Though I have no plans of accepting king Singh's proposal but I still need to consult with my royal advisor. My meeting with mother has to be delayed.

"Who's there?" I asked.

Vihaan entered and bowed his head."call marnav."

He nodded and left for twenty minutes before arriving with my royal advisor.

I walked over to the throne and sat on it whilst placing my foot on the stool.

"The king of DARADA just left and he made two proposal to me, one to be his partner in the kingdoms trade and the other to marry his daughter."

"I think it's a good proposal, accept it. You need a wife and a king cannot be without a queen."

"If that's the problem then don't worry I'll soon be marrying princess Manikarnika."

"I see, prince Arnav, if you would allow me, I'll like to tell you what I think you should do."

"Go ahead."

"I advise you to marry princess Amoli and make princess Manikarnika as your second wife."

____________________________________

Vote/ comment/share/follow