Chapter 54

Today marked Baylor's first day of therapy. I'm remarkably happy that his mom decided to seek out help to monitor her son. Aiden and his mom, Mrs. Victoria made a plan for Aiden and Baylor to go to the therapy session together, but Aiden would actually drop Baylor off and take his car, that way he wouldn't leave. Honestly, I wouldn't believe he'd leave, because every time (if) he left, he'd have more days added to Mrs. Victoria's requested schedule. I threatened him, saying that if he didn't go, we couldn't be together because I can't just watch him try to kill himself after we broke up.

After Baylor got out of the hospital, the day that his mother left after he was settled, I went to his condo and hung out with him. That was the day that he told me he was attending college in January of next year. Throughout the time of June and January, Baylor stated that he'll be saving up and applying for colleges. Although I have plenty of months to spend time with him, time'll fly. Even though he doesn't want to admit it, we both know inside that our relationship will be long distance (depending on where he enters) and it'll be distracted by schooling.

He also told me about the phone call he had with Derek. And then Baylor admitted he was sorry that he didn't listen to me in the first place and that he harmed himself like I begged him not to in the beginning of when he told me about his past with self-harming.

And now, on this day, Baylor is "good as new" (his words, not mine).

"God, it feels so good to have you in my arms again," he hummed in pleasure.

I picked my head up from his chest and peered up at him. I smiled, agreeing. He pecked my forehead and began to trail his hand up and down my back. My leg tangled with his leg and my arm was draped on his bare torso. His skin was incredibly soft, tan, and warm. At first I was honestly too frightened to touch him because he seemed fragile.

"How did therapy go?" I asked.

He cackled, "Terrible, as always."

"We just want you to get better, Baylor. All of us do. We don't want you to do this to yourself anymore."

Baylor sighed, "He diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder. I have to start my medicine tonight."

"You'll be okay, Baylor," I promised. "It's gonna get better." I kissed his lips, which he responded to.

I pulled away and laid my head back on his pillow. He pressed his lips on mine and framed his arms around my head. The sunlight shining in the room was blocked by his limbs. He then moved his lips to the spot where my neck meets my shoulder and then pulled his lips to my ear and whispered.

"You do not know how much I've missed you." Baylor kissed my forehead and then my shoulder. He propped his head against mine, and just 'cause I wanted to, I turned on my side and admired his features. He laid his hand on my hip and squeezed the curve of my bum.

"I do." I planted a kiss right on the skin between his eyebrows. I placed my hand on his shoulder blade and ran my fingers vertically against his tan skin. His eyes closed and then fluttered back open.

"Can I see your wrist?" I looked between his dark brown eyes. His left mine and they traveled to his hand on my hip. I placed my hand on top of his and peeled it off of my hand. I brought his big hand close to my face, and he locked our fingers together. I ran my digits over the bandage and he tried tugging his hand away from mine.

"It's okay, I promise." I gently grabbed his forearm. "It's just me." I kissed his lips again and then his cheek.

The bandage was slowly peeled away, and I noticed some stitches. Around the slit was redness. I scanned his inner wrist and rubbed my fingers across it carefully. I glanced up at him and he had a look of embarrassment.