Chapter 48

After two weeks, I was back in school, back to tutoring Derek. During them two weeks however, wasn't very eventful, except lounging around. Well, Baylor did get his car. He was debating on getting the Ford F-150, but once we got to the dealership, he decided to get the Honda Accord after all. He said that he rather just have a car that is magnificent on gas.

With the completed work that I had done over those two weeks of being bed-ridden, I turned each assignment that was based on a certain subject to the teacher. I was in fourth period now, which was science. I had this class with Lindsay.

Lindsay had ran up to me when I was on the way to the science wing, and she took my bookbag along with my books.

"How's your leg been?"

"I've been fine so far, but when it rains it bothers me a bit, but other than that I'm healing."

"That's wonderful! I know that cast is so aggravating because I broke my arm and it wasn't great at all."

I snickered, "I can't remember what it feels like to walk normally."

"Aw, well you'll have it taken off in no time." We entered the class and my teacher smiled brightly.

"It's so great to have you back!" I grinned at her warm welcoming. She was a young teacher, and Mrs. Welms was honestly my favorite.

I sat beside Lindsay who had placed my books at my seat. My bookbag was on the floor beside my desk. As soon as I sat down, Mrs. Welms asked if she could move my crutches out of the way for me.

"Yes ma'am. Thank you." The class got quiet, and it felt as if all stares were on me. I became insecure and looked at Lindsay.

"Okay class, begin your labs like I instructed yesterday." My classmates begin preparing for the lab that was scheduled, and I looked clueless.

"Um, Mrs. Welms, I have make-up work."

She clapped her hands together once and smiled. "Oh, that's great! Here, I'll just take it for you."

I opened my bookbag and pulled out my binder. I retrieved many papers and a few packets that were all stapled together in order. I waited for the teacher to come over to my desk with a wired basket for my work. She waltzed over in her heels, and I placed my work in the basket.

"And Adalynne, if you ever need anything, I'm no counselor but I'm here if you need help with anything," she grinned sweetly. "And when I heard about the wreck, I was devastated. I visited the hospital, but your brother had told me that you were induced in a coma and your brother didn't know when you'd wake. I gave him my number so he could call me when you woke, but I guess he never got around to it."

Hearing Mrs. Welms being concerned of my being warmed me. The reason why she was my favorite teacher is that I've told her my problems before; about my parents, and how I had no friends at the beginning of the year.

And Mrs. Welms told me how her teenage years were just the same. She had lost her mother, her dad became an abusive drunk, she went into a stage of depression, and the only source of her help was her boyfriend, whom is now her husband.

"Thank you for checking up on me, Mrs. Welms," I smiled vibrantly at her.

"You're welcome. And how's Baylor?" Oh yeah, she's known about our relationship as well.

"He's doing completely fine. He still beats himself up for the wreck and all, but I threaten him to stop."

She lilted. "Aw, he just feels bad. And I hope your leg gets better in the mean time. I know it has to be tough, and you being so young to experience a broken leg. I'd understand if you were on the football team."