Chapter 65

Whilst my MacBook Pro was being used once more, I was typing away on Microsoft word for an essay that was due in a week. It was for world history, the subject that I despised with a fiery passion. I hated essays, especially the ones where you have to meet a length expectation.

With procrastination, I went to Twitter and onto Facebook, then Tumblr. I hadn't been on Tumblr in a few weeks, and I had gained seven followers with a few reblogs from the recent picture I had posted of Baylor and me.

With my phone being on my nightstand, it dinged, notifying me that I had a text.

Jo: omg I wanna go to prom so badly... but look at these prom dresses :((((((

She had copied a link, and I clicked on it.

The website held multiples and a variety of beautiful, stylish dresses of a girl's fantasy.

I just wonder - would Baylor go because it was his senior prom? Not only would prom be a first-time, exciting experience for me, but for Baylor. After all, it is his last year of high school.

He hadn't mentioned the word 'prom' ever since the school's gym was being decorated due to prom being about two weeks away. Maybe he wasn't a big fan of those kind of events. We didn't go to homecoming or the winter formal; those happened to be his last as well.

I closed out of the link Jo had sent me and texted her back: are you going to prom? and got back to my essay.

***

Baylor told me he had to stay after school for information about senior portraits.

Baylor: hey babe, I'm gonna hit the gym afterwards. hope it's ok with you since I haven't seen you since lunch.

I simply grinned and texted him back.

Me: well duh it's okay. just don't forget to bend that knee ;) lol I love you

Baylor: of course love. I love you :)

I plugged my phone up and left it in my bedroom to go spend some time with my brother. I entered the living room to see what he was up to.

I plopped down beside him on the long couch and watched Aiden navigate from Pinterest to Ikea on his laptop.

"I can't seem to find out which crib I should get for Sprout." He stretched his legs from being crossed and propped his feet on the coffee table.

"Sprout?" I asked with an amused question.

Aiden peeked at me from the top of his glasses. "Yes. Week eight: the baby is the size of a Brussel sprout. Sprout." Aiden responded with all seriousness.

My mouth was shaped like an 'O' with his answer.

"Go back to that other crib," I said, looking at the pages. He went back to Ikea, showing me the white crib.

"I like that one."

Aiden took a picture of the crib and sent it to Jo.

"Yeah, I do too."

I pulled my knees to my chest and turned face-to-face to my brother. Well he'd look at me here and there as he pinned baby things to his Pinterest account. I smiled.

"You're really excited about Brussel, aren't you?"

He looked at me again, with the same solemn expression on his face. "Sprout," he stated monotony, and turned his look back to the screen. I snickered.

"And yes, very. December is a very long way away." He took a big breath and then yawned.

"Hey, Sprout and I will have birthdays around the same time," I grinned, feeling thrilled about sharing the same birthday month with my soon-to-be niece or nephew.