Chapter 70

Today was the last day of school. Teachers were packing away things and students were cleaning out their lockers. The seniors were on the field at graduation practice. Lord knows how happy now that they're getting out of this place. As for me, I only have one year left.

"Hey future graduate," I smiled when I saw Baylor walking down the hallway. He had on a pair of black basketball shorts with a red tank top on and a baseball cap Jo had gotten him for Christmas. His bronze skin made him look sexy in his clothes. And my God, the hat he was wearing -

"Hey senior." Baylor kissed my lips and we walked to the student parking lot to go home.

A few nights ago, Mrs. Victoria and I spoke on the phone for over an hour. We're holding a surprise graduation party for Baylor at his condo. Baylor knew his mom was coming to town for his graduation, but he doesn't know his entire family is coming.

I loaned Mrs. Victoria my key to Baylor's condo and his mom and family were busy decorating while I had to stall Baylor away from home.

Since it was a half-day, I decided to eat lunch at home. But that was until Baylor offered to go to the next city over to eat at the frozen yogurt shop.

After Baylor and I arrived at the shop, we fixed our frozen yogurt bowls with toppings. He paid for our fro-yo and we sat down.

His long legs stretched to my side of the table and I couldn't help but stare in adoration.

"How's it feel to be graduating in a few hours?" I ask.

He looked up from the green cup/bowl he was scooping frozen yogurt from and looked up at me as he took a bite from it.

"Like I've accomplished something major in my life. I've found something that I could feel proud about."

I grinned at him. "Well I'm proud of you."

Baylor beamed, his white teeth showing as he smiled at me. "Thank you, babe."

We got to talking about the real world and how a lot will change when he's got a job he's yearned for. And how he wants his future to lie out since he's graduating.

"Do you want to come over?" I question Baylor as we were on the way back over to our hometown.

"Yeah, that's fine."

Well the plan is working out well for now.

"Do you mind if I take a shower at your place?"

I shook my head. "I don't care."

As Baylor was showering, I went ahead and picked out a dress I was going to wear to graduation. Something that wasn't too formal and something that wasn't too casual. A romper and a pair of sandals would be perfectly fine. I sat on the floor in front of my full-length mirror and went ahead and straightened my hair. By the time I was done in little as fifteen minutes, Baylor had gotten out.

"Feel better?" I ask as I cut off my straightener.

"After sitting out there for two hours in the hot sun, yes." Baylor came and laid down on the floor beside me. He laid his head on my thigh and stared up at me. I was applying my eyeliner and soon mascara along with powder.

"I don't know why in the world a beautiful girl like you decides to wear makeup."

I dabbed my powder brush into the makeup and patted a dot of powder onto his forehead. I cackled as I watched his face fall into a laughter.

"It enhances my features," I answered. "And boosts my confidence." I held my mouth open as I applied the coat of mascara.

"Why do you have your mouth wide open?" He began to laugh at me.