Chapter 69

It was Friday finally, the day before prom. Lindsay, Jo, and I decided to have a pamper and movie night at Jo's.

"Okay, I'm not sure how this goes on," Jo cackled as she read the back of the bottle. The substance was a cucumber peel-off mask. Lindsay took the bottle.

"Let's just wet our faces with warm water. That way we'll have open pores and the mask will clean them out."

She told us to hold out our hands to reveal our palms, and she squeezed the gooey substance onto our palms.

I rubbed my hands together and watched myself massage it on my face. I made sure to get all of the areas; especially my nose, cheeks, and jawline. Those were the places where I broke out the most. And my chin and forehead. What am I saying? I break out everywhere.

When we were finished applying the mask to our face, we settled down in Jo's room and began to talk about Sprout.

"How far along are you?" Lindsay asked.

"Two and a half months," she answered. She patted her belly and cackled. "I'm not ready for stretch marks."

"Some mothers don't have stretch marks with their first born. You might get lucky," I commented and sat on her bean bag. My body sank into the fluffiness.

"If I'm breaking out already, there's plenty of evidence of me getting stretch marks. That's why I apply coconut butter on my stomach everyday."

We laughed in unison.

"Face it this way: Aiden won't care if you have stretch marks. He loves that baby and you," Lindsay promised.

Jo grinned. "I just hope he won't become that guy who thinks I'm unattractive."

I shook my head in a disagree manner. "He won't. This is his first time loving someone, and it takes a lot in a girl for him to even have feelings for you."

When the fifteen minutes were up, we began peeling off the masks. And on to the exfoliation process.

"This helps with cleaning off dead skin and cleaning out your pores as well. This ought to be good 'cause I need this."

We each took turns squeezing the exfoliator in our palms and massaging that on our faces. We waited for a minute and washed it off.

"My face literally feels like a baby's bottom," I announced as I touched my cheeks. They've never felt so smooth before.

"So while we're eating pizza, we're going to have a healthy smoothie," Jo laughed as she called the local Pizza Hut to order a pizza.

Lindsay prepared the milk and ice whilst I cut up three bananas in half and sliced strawberries. Lindsay added the protein powder, and I threw the fruit in the blender and the loud machine was cut on.

I got out three glasses and when it was done blending, Lindsay poured the smoothie into each glass.

"I've been waiting for this," Jo said as she took the glass from my hand. We made our way into the den and Jo cut on the TV.

We slurped on our smoothies until the pizza arrived. Jo got up to answer the door, leaving us with picking out a movie on Netflix.

When she arrived with the box of pizza, we demolished the pizza slice by slice. With full bellies, we each lied in a position on the sectional couch and fell asleep by the time the credits rolled on the screen.

***

When the next morning arrived, Lindsay and I had to go to our houses to shower. Although I already showered the night before, I decided to wash my hair so it wouldn't look oily in pictures. When I was out of the shower and dressed in comfortable clothes, I headed up to the beauty salon.