Chapter 9

The plane began to shake. The oxygen masks flew from the ceiling, warning every passenger on this plane to grab a mask. Everyone was in panic mode, me especially. "

Daddy," I cried. I looked around my area, wondering what in the world was going on.

I watched as my dad snatched the mask down to my level. "Put this on!" he shouted into his air mask. I did as he told me by placing the mask over my nose and mouth and clasped the band around my head.

"Daddy, what's happening?" I screamed in fright. I could feel the plane's motion going in circles and I became extremely dizzy and nauseous. A loud noise was heard when the plane jerked violently. I felt my body being shaken constantly.

My dad held onto my arm tightly as he possibly could. It seemed as if the whole world had come crashing down on us. A big limb darted into the plane, and in that moment, I knew we were caught in trees.

"I love you baby girl," Daddy said. I didn't get the chance to say it back as I felt my head crashing against the window, busting it with the compact of my head.

"Adalynne, you're dreaming. Wake up," the unfamiliar face looked at me. In that moment, I didn't recognize the face at all. My body shook tremulously, and my throat was aching. My chest hurt, as if my heart was being ripped from my chest. My face felt sticky, and I tasted salt. My eyes were blurry. Once I could see clearly, I realized it wasn't my brother, it was Baylor. What was he doing here? And where's Aiden?

I remembered Aiden was in New York and Baylor had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded slowly; my eyes glued shut from the headache. My throat was burning, and my head was aching so badly.

"Where's my phone?" I croaked. I know Aiden said to call him when I had another nightmare, so I needed to.

"It's on your nightstand," he answered. His body reached over me. "Here."

I took my phone out of Baylor's gestured hand. I unlocked my phone, my eyes squinting shut from the brightness. I fumbled with my phone, trying to dial Aiden's number. Baylor noticed and slowly took my phone out of my hands. He dialed the number for me. Baylor held it out once again and I took the phone. I held my cell to my ear and listened to the dialing tone. It went straight to voicemail.

I placed my phone on my nightstand and wiped the tears that were already forming in my watery eyes. I needed my brother. I needed him to comfort me, telling me he's here. I need his protection to hold me from slipping into that same haunting nightmare.

A hand was running up and down my back. The bed shifted on my left with added weight on my side. I was pulled into Baylor's side, under the bend of his arm.

"I'm here for you." There's no telling how long we stayed in that position, but all I felt was comfort.

"Will you be okay? I think I'm gonna head to my house," Baylor muttered. His hand stopped running up and down my back.

I nodded my head, not wanting to be a burden on him. He needed to go home to rest anyway.

"You sure? Because I can st -" I didn't let Baylor finish before I interrupted him. Now, I was sure.

"Please stay," I mumbled against his warm radiant shirt.

"Okay, well I'll be in the living room if you need anything."

"You can stay in here." I didn't want him to go anywhere because I still wanted him here. Even though he's been here for minutes already, I still wanted Baylor here to let myself know that I'm okay.