Chapter 58

Boston, Massachusetts was a beautiful, marvelous city. There were skyscrapers, large buildings, six-lane roads, and cement bridges that was on top of one another.

"Welcome to Boston, m'lady," Baylor spoke in his Bostonian accent over the radio.

It was well past midnight and I knew Baylor was tired of driving. I told him that we should've pulled over an hour or two ago, but he said there was no sense in doing that since we were close to being at his mom's.

"How far away are we from your mom's?" I asked, speaking loudly. Baylor turned down the radio and asked if I could repeat what I had said.

"How far are we from being at your mom's?"

He pierced his lips. "About thirty minutes."

And as he always does when he's driving, he made sure to grip my hand and place it in his lap along with his.

"I've got it, babe," I told Baylor. His eyes were droopy and he demanded his tired, weak body to grab our bags from the trunk of his car.

"You cannot carry twenty odd bags into the house by yourself."

I moved his hand away from grabbing a bag. "I can make special trips, just go inside."

I heard a groan escape his lips and the front door opened. Out came his mom who waltzed down cemented, white steps from her house.

"Hey!" she squealed excitedly. She framed Baylor's face with her hands and kissed his forehead.

"How's my baby doing?!"

"Mom . . ." he whined. She walked pass Baylor and walked towards me.

"Baylor Kent Parker, now I raised you better than this. Why are you making your girlfriend carry all of your bags?" she screeched at him.

I giggled at his angry facial expression. She grinned at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and squeezed me into a hug.

"Are you keeping my son in shape?" she questioned.

I giggled, "Yes, ma'am." I winked at Baylor.

He rolled his eyes at me and began walking towards me. The rocks crunched under his feet as he approached.

"Gosh, Baylor, how can you make your girlfriend carry this bag of bricks?" Baylor's mom hissed at him, handing him the bag that she took off of my shoulder.

"She wouldn't let me help!" he whiningly exclaimed.

I took a bag of mine from Baylor's mom's hand and Baylor took two more. His mother carried three all together.

When I entered the house, it smelled of a fresh scent, like fabric softener. It was a humongous house. The floorboards were mahogany along with white doors. The ceiling was high, and when we exited the foyer, there was a grand staircase. This house was huge. Nothing I was used to.

"Where's Dan?" Baylor wondered.

"He's upstairs. He doesn't know you both are here," Mrs. Victoria snickered. For it being after midnight, she sure is in a good mood. Maybe she's just excited.

Baylor slung the bags down on the floor and he said I could just lay them there beside his bags.

"This is a nice house, Mrs. Parker."

She smiled. "Oh, call me Victoria."

I don't see how Baylor could live without his mother. She's extremely wonderful.

"We're gonna go to bed, Mom. I love you." He kissed the crown of her head. She hugged him tightly.

"Goodnight baby, I love you. Goodnight Adalynne," she grinned.