Chapter 35

BAYLOR

Just for once, I could use twelve hours of sleep just to satisfy me. My life changed just by simply falling in love with a girl that's sleeping in my arms was entirely different. But before falling for someone truly, it was always about the heavy drinking, smoking, drug usage and getting involved with the wrong crowds (Boston at that), and all the girls I had myself wrapped up in. I've grasped the concept of Adalynne making myself improved ever since I became friends with her.

I unchained my arms from around her chest and remained on my side as she shuffled over to the other region of my bed. Her eyebrows settled into a slight arch as her lips resolved into a straight line. I only wondered what went on inside that beautiful mind of hers as she slept. Possibly she wouldn't wake up, because the only way I'd ever fall back asleep was by observing her features as she slumbered. Adalynne hasn't had a terrible dream for at least a month or two.

As I rest right in front of her, I couldn't call back to a time that I've ever fallen asleep or woken up with a girl by my side. But there's a first for everything, right? I mean, this isn't a player situation where the guy makes the girl fall for him and he breaks her heart. But this right here that's between her and me is something magnificent.

I could only think of the worst because I was the one to plunge first into love so Adalynne has the precise rate of breaking my spirit and mind into pieces; and to think of the worst is me doing something that'll ruin this between us.

She grinned with a confused appearance. "Why are you staring at me?" Her voice was a bit hoarsely due to a dry throat.

"Because I can't sleep." I muttered, yawning at the concept. "Why'd you wake up?" I query. Her aspects were helpless due to the lack of strength she's been deprived from. She pulled the comforter over her shoulder and up to her chin, closing her eyes again in a tired manner.

"I got cold."

"'m sorry," I mumbled. I laid my head at the far end of my pillow to approach closer to her. She was half asleep due to the fluttering of her eyelashes.

Adalynne yawned and whispered, "I'm tired." She pulled her head to the trench between our pillows just to arrange right alongside me. I fell asleep by positioning my forehead to hers and draping my arm over her small body.

Morning time rolled around and by the time I was fully aware of my senses, I smelt axe shampoo. I unraveled my duvet from around my body as I hadn't seen Adalynne anywhere in sight. The light in my bathroom didn't escape from under the door, so there was probably one place she'd be: downstairs.

I walked downstairs slowly, my muscles barely waking up by the time I reached the bottom. I looked in the empty living room: a sprawled out throw cover and two cushions on the floor; TV remote on the coffee table as it possibly hasn't been touched in nearly a week. But the kitchen light was on, and by the time I approached the tiled room, the time on the stove read ten AM.

"Today is the day that I'm gonna smell like a guy," I heard a chuckling voice.

I turned to see her petite, fit body in a pair of my sweats and a long-sleeved shirt of mine.

"Guess I'm just rubbing off on you." I ran my thumb under her eye to rid the smeared black makeup. Her hair was wet and her face was pure.

"When did you wake up?" I questioned.

"Umm, about an hour ago," she responded.

"You're not hungry?"

She nodded. "I was waiting for you to get up."

I smiled, "You didn't have to." I padded to the refrigerator and grabbed a carton of eggs and sat them on the island. The bread was on the coffee counter so I sat the loaf by the eggs.