Chapter 12

So many thoughts are swarming in my head, so many questions, yet Baylor and I don't know each other that well to trade secrets of our own. But there's so many abundant thoughts running wild in my mind and it's driving me insane. I guess I really am nosey, says my brother. I wouldn't want to seem annoying.

It didn't seem like this when it came to first meeting Jo. I wasn't that probing about her life. She already told me why she moved here. I've known Baylor barely longer and I only know his last name and where he's from. I wanted to know this stranger-yet-acquaintance of mine.

Baylor nudged my elbow, seeking my consideration to be brought upon him. "Why don't we play twenty questions," he offered. Well, that's a great start to it all.

Baylor and I were side-by-side. My feet were relaxed on the recline of the sectional. His feet were crossed and propped on the ottoman.

"Mkay, you go first."

Baylor didn't know what to do with his arms. He kept crossing and uncrossing them, lying one on the back of the couch, then lowering it back down to his lap. He seemed quite frustrated as well, so he just crossed his arms.

"What's your favorite movie?" he inquired as his first question out of twenty. I had to think long and hard about this one because there are so many great movies out there.

"Soul Surfer. Maybe the Hunger Games too. Those are hard to pick from," I answered. I carried on with the game.

"What's your favorite TV show?" I wanted to start simple; I didn't want to start off by asking something so personal.

"Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead," he replied. I squinted my eyes in revulsion. He must've noticed my expression.

"Hey," Baylor playfully elbowed me in the side. "I didn't criticize your favorite movies."

I giggled and waited for his next question but instead, it turned into a jabbing-your-elbow-into-each-other's-side game. I thrust my elbow into his side once more before I told him to resume because it was his turn. He winced and I forgot about his bruised and battered torso. "I am so sorry," I said and sat up. He rolled his eyes.

"Who's your favorite artist?" This one is simple. Before I answered, he jammed his elbow into my side, giving the last strike.

"There's so many to name," I whined. I crossed my arms over my short body and sunk my head into the feathered cushion like a little kid.

"List the top five then," Baylor ordered.

"Nirvana, One Republic, Lorde, Justin Timberlake, Coldplay, The Fray, Daughtry, Kings of Leon, Of Monsters and Men, The 1975." I was counting on my fingers and then remembered I was supposed to give the top five, not the top ten. Those weren't just my favorite artists; they weren't even in order.

Baylor held a grin so dominant; I thought his lips were glued. "You're a junior in high school and you don't know when to stop at five, do you?" he smirked.

I snickered, "Well I wasn't even halfway done. I told you there were so many."

"You have a good taste in music, though," he complimented.

"Thanks," I smiled.

***

This must be a game of sixty questions, not twenty. We've been going on for at least two hours.

So far, I've discovered his favorite song is Skinny Love by Bon Iver, favorite artist who is Bon Iver, his preferred color is red, beloved food which is Mexican. Well, that's just the only few answers I've gotten out of him because we'd either carry on a conversation about our response, or get into another elbow war.

"How many boyfriends have you had?" Baylor solicited.

I smiled in embarrassment. "None."

His mouth fell slightly agape.

"I know, I'm quite the flirt, aren't I?"

He nodded his head yes. "Your turn, Claire," Baylor demanded.

"How many girlfriends have you had?" I really shouldn't have asked because I know he's going to say more than two. He's going to at least say about thirty, or additional.

"Do dates count?" I nodded in approval.

"Four dates and two girlfriends, but I don't really date anymore," he openly admitted. There's another thing that'll drive me insane - why?

"So, basically six girlfriends? Geez, you were a major player," I gasped playfully. He didn't have thirty or more, surprisingly.

"I told you I'm not the type that does relationships anymore."

"You said date, not relationships," I corrected him with a grin on my lips.

He rolled his eyes in a playful manner. "Same difference."

"Then when's the last time you've had a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Hey, hey, it's my turn." I rolled my eyes.

"Where's one place you've always wanted to go but have never gone before?" he requested.

"Does it have to be in the States or a foreign place?" I asked.

"It can be both," he proposed.

"I want to go to Georgia, considering the fact that my mom was from Georgia; and France just because Paris is there."

He nodded once, probably stunned, but probably not because who would desire to visit those places out of all the places in the world?

"Sunsets in the south are beautiful. It's nothing like the north. The weather down there is amazing. It's not cold and freezing, it's practically perfect," Baylor informed. "But damn, it is so humid," he complained.

"You've been down south before?" I asked shockingly, not believing he's been near Georgia.

"South Carolina."

"Why did you move to Boston?" I was one step closer to (hopefully) ending this desperateness of teeming thoughts. It was making my head hurt just thinking of so many questions of what to ask him.

"My dad moved was stationed in Boston because he's in the army, so my mom, dad and I had to move. Boston sucked so that's why I came back here." His tone was discouraging, as if he had a disgusting taste in his mouth. Instead of asking 'why' like I, once again, wanted to, I decided to boost his mood.

"Since Boston sucks, why don't we work on that cliché New Jerseyan accent?" I giggled. He elbowed me again.

AIDEN

After leaving Chelle's house at 6 AM, I was finally home. All I wanted to do was shower, eat a bowl of cereal and go back to bed.

I picked out the apartment key from my key ring and unlocked the door. It was quiet but then I remembered that it was supposed to be because Adalynne was asleep.

I slung my duffel bag on the floor just when I walked in and trotted towards the kitchen. The lighting in the living room and the distant sound stopped me from entering the kitchen. I walked towards the living room and noticed a bundle on the loveseat.

I walked closer to the bundle and noticed Baylor first. His arm was slouched over her shoulders, and she was cuddled up next to him with her head on his shoulder.

I cut the T.V off and left the two alone this time. I headed to my room to take a shower and headed to bed myself.