To Where and Back Again (Part 1)

For the next few days, we filled Red and Blue in on what happened before we came up with a plan to stop Giovanni from destroying Xerneas.

And before I knew it, it was time to strike. Sabrina, along with Will and Acerola (who had begged our forgiveness—Silver had reluctantly agreed on behalf that Ethan did a something with him) had found a spell that would be able to transport me back to where this all began and stop Giovanni from coming up with this absurd plan.

"It's too dangerous." N said one evening after a day of arguing back and forth with the others. "I won't allow it. I REFUSE."

"There's no argument." I fought back a yawn. Red's fingers gently untangled my hair (to be reasonable your hair is medium length) and it felt so nice.

"I agree with Y/N." Wally looked up from his card game with Steven (who was getting frustrated every time Wally won at Go Fish). "Nobody's come up with any other idea."

Silver sat up and Ethan pushed him back down, causing the other male to growl at his boyfriend.

"Your wounds aren't healed enough for things like this." Ethan scolded him, gently reapplying healing ointment on Silver's back.

Silver huffed. "For once I agree with N." He mumbled into the couch pillow. "I'm not letting Y/N use some hocus pocus spell that nobody's ever used before. We could loose them forever in a past."

Umbreon was curled up on the floor. But when he heard the term 'spell' he looked up. "You got any other ideas, Silver?" The Pokémon asked. "We owe Xerneas. If Xerneas dies, Y/N dies as well because it's his life force that's allowing them to live."

Red's fingers stopped in the middle of untangling a knot of hair. "We can't let that happen." He continued his work.

Silver and N grumbled in sync. My brother went back to gazing into space while Ethan continued to rebandage him. I knew Silver hated being useless—he always told me that being useless was for the weak. And he hated the weak.

Beneath me, I could feel N sigh. I was leaning against him while Red's legs were underneath our bodies and perched on the coffee table. It sounded uncomfortable for Red but if it was, he wasn't complaining.

I found myself dozing off to the murmurs of the others and to Red gently smoothing out my hair, his work finished. I felt something soft cover us and was tempted to open an eye.

I woke up the next morning entangled in Red's, N's and my limbs. I groaned, peeling my head up from in between Red's arm and N's leg that had somehow managed to move directly next to my face.

I heard a thump and a yelp of pain as Red fell off the couch. I looked up at N who gave me a innocent smirk. I poked him.

Red stood up in a daze, his hair all messy. "What the hell." He glared at N who continued to grin innocently.

Silver laughed sleepily. I looked over at him and held back a grin when I saw how close Ethan and Silver held each other. With a pang I remembered how Martin and Avril held each other during our days together in Unova and wondered how the ex team Plasma members were doing.

I looked over at the Hoenn people and my eyes watered. Wally was leaning against Steven Stone who held the younger boy protectively in his arms. Although the two weren't in a relationship, I could tell how much Steven cared about Wally. I felt an arm go around me and looked up at N who was watching the two as well.

"EVERYBODY GET UP!" A yell startled us all, causing the ones who weren't awake to be awake.

Brendan stood in the doorway, his usual smile already blinding me.

"We've got a big day today so I suggest getting something to eat before we start with the process." He nodded at me in respect and darted out, his Sceptile following him.

Brendan was a nice guy, Hilbert had told me. Norman's kid was a strong trainer but often times just wanted to hang out instead of train. His rival was May—who was still getting over the fact I was back. Every time I passed her in the halls, she would gape at me and shake her head.

After breakfast, I went to the library—where we were going to test run the spell. Wallace had volunteered to be our test puppy for today.

If it worked then I would be going to the past to the beginning of this whole thing. To find out why Xerneas wanted me to find N and why Giovanni wanted to stop me from meeting N.