Kyurem's Awakening

Running through a mountain was not my type of fun. But if it meant completing my quest, I'd do it. I wonder if Nate has to do this. I thought, leaning against a wall of the Giant Chasm's caves. I wiped sweat from my forehead.

Iris-no surprise-wasn't out of breath. The former Champion grinned at me.

"Almost there!" She trilled. "Just a few more feet till we reach Giant Chasm. If anything's calling you, we should look at the icy room of Kyurem first."

Wait, Kyurem? I recognized the name from my dream. Kyurem was an ice and dragon type. An odd combination type for a Pokémon.

Two days earlier, Martin had announced that they were going to find out what my friends were up to and the ex-Plasma members had went off to the last place we heard from them—Mistralton City. Martin's brother had said something that had made me worry for him for two days straight.

Matthew locked eyes with me. The white haired boy walked closer and tucked a strand of my h/c (hair color) hair behind my ear.
"I cannot stop what is about to happen, Princess. But I will try. If I fail, then it is up to you to stop him." He whispered, gazing at me with sadness.
"Who's he?" I asked.
Matthew cast a look over his shoulder at Martin who was trying his best not to watch us.
"You'll know who he is soon." He smiled softly and walked back to his friends.

I stared dejectedly at the entrance below us.

"Don't worry! These stairs are perfectly safe!" Iris called from where she stood at the bottom of the crumbling steps.

"I'm not doubting that." I murmured, before taking a cautious step on the first ledge. Somehow I made it down to the bottom without tripping.

"Cmon! Let's go!" Iris darted outside.

I had no choice but to follow her. When I stepped out of the cave, I was hit instantly with a blast of cold air. I shivered, looking for Iris. I saw her standing in front of something and walked towards her.

So, Princess. You've returned. A familiar voice echoed in my head.

"Kyurem." I dipped my head to the figure that Iris was standing in front of.

"Hold up! You two know each other?" Iris's eyes widened in disbelief.

It was a long time ago. But why are you here? Kyurem dismissed Iris's question and turned towards me.

"Iris said that I could find something here that may be an answer to the calling I got." I crossed my arms, hoping to keep the warmth in. How I wished I had one of Wulfric's big coats at the moment.

I never called you here, Princess. Perhaps it was...Zekrom? Kyurem looked up at the sky, amusement in his voice.

"What's it got to do with Zekrom?" I asked, remembering how the black Pokémon didn't like me very much for some reason. Perhaps it was because White liked me more.

Zekrom is already awake. You may be called to go to him and his trainer. And perhaps you'll be able to..awaken Reshiram? After all, didn't they say it wasn't your time yet to be with them? Kyurem chuckled at my expression.

"We gotta go there!" Iris grinned. "The old Team Plasma base, yeah?"

Indeed. Would you like a ride? Kyurem instantly made the temperature drop and when the fog cleared, I saw that he had changed appearances. A fire and dragon type.

"Yes please." I swung my leg around the Pokémon's back. I looked down at Iris. "You coming?"

"This is your calling! Go get it!" Iris pumped a fist in the air and I thought if she met Barry they'd be the best of friends.

"Let's go, Kyurem." I tensed as the Pokémon raised his wings and took off. I wonder what would happen next.

(A/N: Ok so I know I have been doing authors notes a lot so sorry. XD but a question! Would anyone be willing to do a fanart of Martin and Matthew (or Black and White)? I'm terrible at art. XD and also—make sure to check out my other fanfics if you haven't already.)