Unwavering Emotions

(A/N: if you guys and girls are interested in reading a Silver x Ethan ripoff of this book, comment please. Let's try to get about ten comments. Ik you are reading this and it's more than one person reading this)

His hair fell from his eyes as he stared at me. He lifted my chin up so I could meet his chaotic black eyes. I felt his lips on mine with a single word—a promise.

"Forever."

But forever never lasted. I was still hanging in my cell. Ethan thought I was dead. And now, they were going to hunt down Y/N to see how they could have several lives.

With a groan, I slowly peeled open my eyes. My back hurt from the torture the night before. Every other day, Koga and Bruno would put my strength to the test and see how long I could last until I literally begged them with tears rolling down my face.

"You're awake. Finally. I was getting bored." Will was standing there, a smirk on his lips. The Kanto Elite Four member who had replaced Agatha was one of the few L.I.F.E. members who took pity on me. Sometimes they would let Will heal me only to torture me again and again.

I moaned like a wounded ape and lifted my head. My red hair fell over my shoulders, longer than it usually was. Ugh. I probably looked like a girl now.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner." Will gently unlocked my chains, ready to catch me.

As predicted, I didn't have any strength left in me to stand up and promptly fell into his arms. He sat me down on a comfy looking chair. And we started the usual healing process.

"What did they do to you?" Will whispered, staring at my back with a face as pale as death.

The usual. I winced as his hands gently brushed healing ointment on the long scratches that had formed over the barely healed old ones. I let myself relax a little, closing my eyes as I relieved a moment from my past.

I was watching a sunset in Johto, Ethan and Y/N beside me. My hand kept moving to my pocket, where I had stored a little red box.

"It's very pretty." Ethan moved closer to me, wrapping his arm around me. "But why did you want to take me here?" He looked at me.

Y/N had thankfully gone back to the car after they had announced they were tired. But I knew that they only wanted to give us privacy.

"Ethan..." I started and paused when he raised an eyebrow. "I've known you ever since you moved here to Johto. I've been your rival and your best friend as well. Throughout that time, through all the times we bickered and hated and loved each other, I never thought I would be able to say this."

Ethan's eyes were as wide as Noctowl.

I got down on one knee and pulled out the small box, flipping the lid open to reveal a ring I had gotten from Kurt the day before.

"Ethan, I ask only one thing. I won't push you to accept if you aren't ready.." I'm sure my face was as red as my hair. "Will you marry me?" I breathed.

The co-champion froze. This wasn't the question he was expecting. My rival, my best friend, and my boyfriend looked down at me with soft loving eyes.

"Yes you idiot." He hugged me as I slipped the ring onto his finger, bringing Ethan into a kiss.

"Thank you."

My eyes opened when I sensed I was being moved. Will's Natu was lifting me with her physic powers into the air and carrying me out of the room.

"What's going on?" I rasped.

Will didn't respond and I could now see why. His mouth was shut by a piece of tape. His hands were bound. And he was being led by a Pokémon named Mr. Mime. Will looked at me with fear in his eyes. What had he done? I tried to turn my head to see but I couldn't move.

I was sat in a chair and my hands were tied to it almost instantly. Will was thrown into a corner unceremoniously.

"Silver!" A familiar voice yelled, panic in it.

I looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. Then I saw it. Ethan was dangling above a pool of liquid that looked acidic. My face turned white when I saw who held him up there. A hazy image of Hilda held the rope that kept Ethan from falling. Why did everyone betray me?

"Ethan?" I managed to call back, my voice raspy from screaming the night before.

Hilda's laughter echoed back. "Why, Silver. I thought you would like seeing this. After all, you don't like weaklings. And didn't you call Ethan one after he beat you?"

"Hilda, what are you doing?" Hilbert came out of a sidedoor leading—Nate, Rosa, Hugh, N, Colress...Y/N?

Their eyes widened when they saw me. Another door off to the side opened, and Norman came through leading Wulfric, Brendan, May, Wally, Wallace, Steve Stone...all gym leaders I never saw in this L.I.F.E.

My bounds came undone thanks to a careful fury cut from Brendan's Sceptile. I stood up shakily, leaning on Wallace for support. The Hoenn gym leaders had reached me first, letting Hilbert and his friends with Hilda and the rest of L.I.F.E.

"Get him out of here." Y/N told Steven. The Hoenn champion started to nod—

"No." I rasped. "Get Ethan out first." I could see my love's eyes widen.

"Steven, get Silver out now. I'll come after." Ethan struggled but then remembered he was suspended above the acidic pool.

"Sister, please." Hilbert called, almost begging her. "I'm sorry."

Hilda's eyes went cold. "You could've saved him while he was still alive." She returned, letting the rope slip a little more. I could hear Ethan's yell of shock.

"Who's he?" Y/N whispered to Hilbert.

His eyes went to theirs. "Hilda's lover..he died at the battle of the Unova League. They were going to be married after they won."

"What's his name?" Y/N pressed.

"...Lucas. From Sinnoh."

Y/N froze. Their face pale. And I knew why. Y/N was the one who caused his death by their actions. They knew the chances and he knew what had to be done.