Lucas's Sacrifice

(A/N just listen to the music not to the battle)

We ran through the hall of the Team Plasma base. Y/N looked faint as they stared at the portal Ghetsis had created.

"It has to be done." I placed a hand on their shoulder.

"Why you? Lucas, why does it need to be you to stop this?" Their eyes welled up as they gazed at me.

I fixed my hat. "This is a portal made by Palkia and Dialga." I mentioned my home region's legendaries. "It will only close if a Champion of Sinnoh blood will sacrifice themselves." If the legends were true. Nobody had ever done this before, except for Team Galactic.

"What about Hilda?" They cast a look around to see if Hilda had arrived. She said she would meet us here.

"The portal has to be closed now, Y/N." I looked into their eyes. "Besides...it was never Hilda I cared about." I pulled them into a hug. "It was you." My lips grazed their ear.

Y/N pulled back in shock and when they did, I saw my chance. I kissed them hard and fast.

"Lucas—!" They yelled as I started towards the portal.

Another voice echoed them, making me turn around. "Lucas!" Hilda's eyes were wide. She and her Emboar had arrived.

"I'm sorry." I gazed at them, wishing I didn't have to do this. Hilbert had told me this was the only way. Hilda had disagreed, protesting there was always another way. My Pokeballs shook, as if they sensed The End. I threw my bag at Y/N, who easily caught it. I slung off my jacket and placed my hat on it.

Standing in my loose shirt and jeans, I stared at the portal. I felt nauseous but I made myself step towards the portal. One little step at a time.

I heard other footsteps enter the room. Hilda was crying, cursing Hilbert as he held Y/N. I didn't want to look back. I felt myself leave the ground as I entered the portal.

Y/N's last words echoed in my head as blackness overtook me.

"Wait!"