Island Trial (Part 3 out of 3)

Warning: may contain mental images you do not want to see in your head. Proceed with caution. Take on the third trial if you dare.

I ignored N's apologies the day after Kiawe's trial. And the day after that. Colress didn't even attempt to apologize.

"I'm not talking to them." I stormed ahead, letting Ilima decide if he wants to catch up to me or walk with the two boys lagging behind. They were all Slowpokes.

"At least accept his apology." Ilima made his choice, hurrying to catch up. "I'm not asking you to talk just to acc—"

"I said no, Ilima." I said harshly, a bit too loud because I saw N cringe out of the corner of my eye. Good. After what he's done...

"Are you sure it was even N who let the incident come upon your brother?" Umbreon asked, padding alongside me. His ear twitched, a sign of curiosity.

"It had to be. How else would he have gotten my brother's locket?" I asked.

Ilima and Umbreon fell silent. Then Umbreon spoke up.

"Silver might've given it to him." He said. It wasn't a question.

I shook my head. "Silver wouldn't give his locket to anyone."

"He made a dupe." Ilima pointed out. "So he must've given it to someone in order for them to make the double."

This time I fell quiet, pondering his words. True, Silver had gone to Kurt's house in Johto to get the locket's twin. Kurt was also the one who made the original in the first place.

"Kurt never had anything against Silver." I argued. Ilima's eyebrows shot up.

"The Pokeball maker in Johto?" He asked.

Umbreon's tail slapped the pink haired male and Ilima glared at him. "What!"

"So daft." Umbreon tsked. "Kurt and the Charcoal maker in Bugsy's town of Azalea. They wouldn't have anything against Y/N's brother. He probably used their products a lot. So when he asked them to make his locket, they probably agreed on the spot."

"Perhaps those two gave information to N about the date Silver was going to infiltrate the base..." I said slowly, twisting to look at N's slumped figure that was walking slowly.

Umbreon rested a paw on my knee. "Y/N." His voice sounded scared.

I looked over at him and he pointed his paw up ahead.

All I saw was...Silver? But it didn't look like him. He was walking towards me with a strange limp. Stumbling every few steps. His eyes looked white.

"S-Silver?" I stuttered, fear pooling in my stomach.

"That's who you see?" Ilima's voice cracked. "I see Hala but.." he clutched my arm, peeking over my shoulder. His fingers were tight around my arms.

Umbreon was shivering, pressed up aside me. "No...no. Can you stop it!" It seemed Umbreon was the only one who could tell what it was.

N's voice came up. "Father, what are you doing here?" I didn't realize N had stopped behind me and jumped.

Our group huddled together and watched as the figure grew closer. My knees knocked together when I saw Silver clutch his locket. Couldn't be him. Can't. Impossible.

"Wait I know what this is!" Umbreon's voice cut through all our thoughts.

"Tell us!" Colress berated, nearly falling against Ilima.

"This is a trial!" Umbreon's eyes glowed with excitement, fear apparently gone. "Y/N, it's the ghost type trial!"

"We were supposed to be doing Mallow's trial!" I gripped Ilima's hands with my own, wanting to bury my face in his chest but I couldn't take my eyes off of my undead brother.

"Y/N, face your fears!" Umbreon urged, head butting me to the thing. "You have to tell you're not afraid!"

My hands slipped from Ilima's and I stumbled towards the creature.

I took a deep breath and met my "brother's" milky eyes. "Silver..." I whispered. "I'm scared. I know I gotta push forwards but I can't do it. Not without my friends. I'm not afraid of losing battles, but I'm afraid of loosing the ones I love." I turned to look back at N and the other males I had developed feelings for. Ilima shot me a small smile.

"I'm afraid that I can't save everyone. I'm sorry—I just want to be happy." I finished, the last words only audible for the thing in front of me.

'Silver' melted away and came forth a Pokémon like thing I've never seen before. It looked like a Pikachu but...

"Mimikyu, there you are!" A cheerful voice came out of nowhere. Acerola floundered out of the cave close by, her usual cheerful smile on her face.

"Mimikyu?" I stared at the Pokémon (N later recalls we all had the same shocked expressions).

Acerola laughed. "Yes! Mimikyu can make people see their worst fears. And this one here is my Trial test. Congrats, Y/N. You just won yourself a Ghostium Z!" She threw me the crystal and Ilima dived to catch it before it hit the ground. "Oh by the way..." an innocent smirk played on her face and we all froze. "Your brother's life is on the line. And I should say again." With a cackle she disappeared.