Chapter 52

Octavia POV

"Monty wait!" I chase after him as he speeds by the cafeteria doors. Wordlessly Indra and Lincoln stay behind. Lincoln's been acting eery every since we reached this place. Something about ALIE's got him nervous.

I slow down as I reach his pace.
"Octavia I have to tell Clarke something. It's an emergency." He slows down to a stride as we approach the doors.
He pushes them open with force and has already broken a sweat.
"We have a small problem." Monty shrugs me off as I push through the doors as well.

"How small?" I hear Clarke shift for a small corner, covered in a blanket of cloth.

"The Commander and 7 warriors small." He speaks, the strength leaving his voice.

"Why the hell are they here." Raven persists, eyes never leaving the computer screen.

Kane stands, placing his hands at the base of his skull in worry. My arm reaches for my dagger as the blanket is torn from the wall showing Clarke on the ground.

"Dammit Clarke." Kane jumps down raising her head.

"Her eyes are still open." Monty observes looking at her unconscious body.

"It's ALIE. She did that to me more than a few times." Raven states, trying to push her nerves away from her voice.

"Will she be fine?" I ask. We will have a lot of explaining to do should Lexa see her like this.

"ALIE can't actually kill you, but she can make you wish you were dead." Raven shifts in her seat looking away from the screen to Clarke.

"If she'll be fine then I'm going with Indra to see the Commander." I unsheathe my blade and back away to the door.
I recognize Kane's steps and stop in place.

"I'll be coming with, someone here needs to watch over Clarke." He stands up broadening his shoulders.

Emori leaps to Clarke's side, eager to be of service while Murphy oddly watches.

I turn my back and nod to Murphy urging him to lead the way. He seems flustered but starts walking with determination.

"Are they already at the gates?" I ask trying to speed up the pace.

"What's the matter?" Indra says, her attitude not any lighter than before.

"Heda's here, along with some warriors." I state not slowing down.

"Lincoln stay here." She commands moving to meet my steps.
"Why has the Heda already arrived she promised me a week with no word and she'd come. It's barely been five days."

"You're guess is as good as mine." I grab Monty's shoulder as we meet the main doors.

"You're going to want to stay back for this." I order leaving him behind. He walks away slowly, presumably to the rest of the unaffected.

Kane steps in front of me as Indra runs up to the Commander.

"Why are you here Heda?" Indra urges, concerned somethings happened at the Capitol.

"I need no reason to visit one of my clans." She jumps off her horse handing the rope to Indra.

"This really isn't the best of time to visit Commander." Kane insists.
I can see he's trying to let Clarke do this on her own. From the way Clarke's been acting, it seems like she needs to prove herself to someone, probably Lexa, or maybe herself.

"Is something wrong Kane?" The Commander asks straightening to his height.

"Of course not Commander. We just have some problems of our own to deal with. We need not your assistance." He tries to keep calm and polite, but the Commander sees right through him.