Chapter 48

I make my way past Indra and back to the outdoor courtyard. Octavia and Murphy are already waiting with Murphy sitting on the ground like an upset child. He sweeps his hand in the gravel ad throws pebbles toward us.

"Find anything?" Octavia walks to us.

I open my mouth, but find myself being interrupted by Indra.
"Yes actually. There's a group inside that we found locked in a room. They said they refused to take the pill and as a result were imprisoned."

Her voice is monotone as she speaks.

"What are we going to do?" Octavia looks past me,and I see Lincoln and Emori emerge from the doors.

"I don't know. What are we going to do Clarke?" Indra's voice taunts me as she puts me on the spot.

"Get everyone who didn't take the pill and lock them into the cafeteria. If Monty and the others are right that means those under ALIE's control would rather die than submit to us."
I can feel my head pound as I try and figure out exactly how we'll stop the ai.

"Do you know how we're going to actually stop ALIE?" Murphy asks, brushing off his pants as he stands up.
I clench my teeth and look to everyone.

"No."

"Great." Murphy mumbles sitting back down.

"But if I can think for a little bit I will find a solution." i assure them feeling less and less confident.

Octavia steps forward clinging to her machete in a fist.
"Fine, but just remember this is your plan Clarke."

She shoulders through me and leaves with Lincoln at her side.

Emori looks at me apologetically before dragging Murphy along with her.

"Good idea Clarke. Tell your friends you don't know how to save your people."

Indra slithers away, and even though he back is turned it feels as if shes staring at me.

I find myself back in Kane's study where I double search, making sure there aren't any listening devices.

"If it's technology then it must implant itself somewhere to gain access to the bodily functions." I grab a pen and paper and draw a rough sketch of a body.
"Lexa's was surgically put into the back of her neck."
I put a small x on the body.
"If the pill is swallowed there's no possible way it could reach the brain stem or nerves."

I look down at the model I've drawn and throw my pen.

Kane grabs the paper and bites his lip.
"What if it dissolves into the blood."
He proceeds to map a sloppy direction of blood flow from the heart.

I pull at my hair still in my ponytail.
"If that's true it will be close to impossible to remove it. That would insinuate once the dissolved pill reaches the brain stem it would attach, and even if I tried to surgically remove it that has an almost 100% chance of killing them or paralyzing them."
I can hear myself rambling more than I can think.