Chapter 22

Tobias's POV

My alarm blares in my ears, and I groan before rolling over to cut it off. I take a moment to fully wake up, and once I am awake, I drag myself out of my bed and over to my closet.

Today is my interview, and to say I'm nervous for it is an understatement. Even though I kind of know what they're going to ask, I'm nervous that I'm going to mess up and say something that reveals too much.

I'm just ready for it to be over.

I'm ready to announce my new album and my break from it all. And once I've done that and answered questions about Tris and our friendship, it will be over. And I'll officially be on my break.

And I can't wait for it.

I can't wait to not have to worry about deadlines or recordings or music videos or arena shows or tours or weekly interviews. I can't wait to spend quality time with my dad and his new puppy. I can't wait to make more fun memories with the gang.

And I can't wait to help Tris raise Toby.

I finally get to be in his life, and each moment with him fills me with joy.

I shake my head to try and get rid of the thoughts. I don't have time for getting lost in my thoughts. I have an interview.

I search through my closet until I decide on black jeans and a white t-shirt. I take it into the bathroom and take a quick shower. Once I'm out, I put the outfit on, dry my hair, and run my hands through it until it looks right. Then I walk back to my room, slip on my black converse, grab my phone off of my nightstand, and walk into the kitchen.

I pour myself a bowl of cereal and a glass of water and sit down at the table to eat my small breakfast. Once I'm done with it, I put my dishes in the sink and walk back to my room to grab my wallet and keys.

When I walk back out, I find the guys walking out of their rooms, yawning.

"Morning. Do you guys want to come to my interview?" I ask, and they all glance at each other.

"We would love to, but we can't," Will says.

"Why not?"

"Umm, we have plans with the girls again," Zeke says, and I just look at them. They're acting weird again. Oh well. I don't have time for this.

"Right. Well, I'm off to my interview. Wish me luck. And I hope you guys have fun with whatever you're doing," I say as I walk out.

"Bye, Four! Good luck!"

I shut the door behind me and take the elevator down to the lobby. I get in my car and drive all of the way to the right destination. Once I park my car, I pick up my phone from the passenger's seat and scroll through my contacts to find Tris's. After staring at it for a few minutes, I decide to send her a message.

Me: Heyy! Just wanted to let you know that my interview is in like 30 minutes, so wish me luck with it! Also, once my interview is done, I was planning on coming over to see Toby since I didn't get to see him yesterday. If that's okay with you

I get out of the car and start walking into the building when I get a text alert, and I immediately pull my phone out of my pocket, knowing it's Tris.

Tris 🐝: Of course it's okay with me, Tobias. Toby missed you too, so he'll be thrilled when I tell him that you're coming over. And good luck on the interview! Not that you need it because you'll do great!

Reading the message makes me smile. Sure, Tris and I aren't completely back to normal, but at least we can talk to each other. That's definitely a step in the right direction.