Chapter 17

Tris's POV

The alarm on my phone goes off, and I quickly reach over to turn it off. I sit up with a smile on my face.

For the first time in five days, I was able to peacefully sleep, and I know that it's because Tobias and I made up.

I unplug my phone and pick it up off of my bedside table. When I check all of my notifications, I see that I have a text message from Tobias. And that I never changed his name in my phone after we broke up.

Tobias❤️: Hey, Tris! I know that it's early, and you're probably still asleep. But I just wanted to say thank you for letting me do this today! Toby means the world to me, and I cannot wait to be in his life for good! I'll be at your place at 12:00 to pick you two up for this special day!!!

Just reading the message makes me smile. I don't know why I had any doubts in my mind about telling Toby about Tobias. Toby absolutely adores him and has always wanted his dad in his life. Even if he never fully admitted it out loud. And Tobias has shown nothing but love towards Toby.

I was being an idiot for trying to keep the two of them apart.

I get up from my bed and walk into the bathroom. I take a nice, quick shower, and once I'm done, I go to my closet to pick out my outfit. I end up going with a black flare skirt and a light pink crop top. I brush and dry my hair before pulling half of it back with a light pink scrunchie. I slip on a pair of black booties and walk into Toby's room.

I gently shake him, and he instantly pops up.

"Good morning, Mommy."

"Good morning, Toby," I say and kiss his forehead. "Are you ready to get ready?"

He eagerly shakes his head.

"Yep! Because we are spending the day with Four!" he exclaims. "I can't wait!! I love hanging out with him!"

"Well, then you better get up and in that bathtub if you want to see him. Because he'll be here in two hours!"

After hearing me say that, he jumps up out of his bed and basically runs to the bathroom. I can't help but laugh a little.

I go to the bathroom with him and help him take his bath. Once he's done in there, I take him back to his room and put him in a pair of khaki shorts and a button-up. Then I dry his hair, slip on a pair of his tennis shoes, and walk him to the kitchen. I sit him up on his seat and give him his coloring book and crayons while I start fixing a very light breakfast.

I make us each a piece of toast and a small bowl of cereal. Once the toast is done, I spread some strawberry jelly on them and set them on two plates. I pour us each a glass of orange juice, and we start to eat.

Once we're done with the food, I take him back to his room. While he sits on his bed, I pack him a small bag to have with us just in case anything happens. I pack an extra pair of clothes, a few snacks, a book, and of course Teddy. Toby can't go anywhere without Teddy.

Once I have all of his stuff ready, we go into the living room and sit down on the couch. We still have like thirty minutes to spare, so I turn on the tv and let him watch an episode of Bubble Guppies.

About halfway through the episode, Toby looks up at me.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, sweetie."

"I know you don't like talking about him," he says, "but could you tell me something about my daddy?"

"Of course," I say as I push some of his hair back. "Your daddy is amazing. He is very sweet and kind and fun. He's one of the best people I've ever met. And he loves you."