I - The Return to Earth

Upon arriving on planet Earth, they landed the ship with the maximum discretion, since they knew that the Alpha-Omega team was waiting for possible invasions. The aliens hid it in the deepest part of the sea, in the Pacific Ocean, near Mexico.

"Z8, put the ship in a latent state," Merko ordered the ship's computer. "Confirm that the robot satellites are in orbit on the planet and place them in the invisible module. Keep in touch with the planet Life and warn us if there's necessity."

"Yes, sir, commander. All actions were carried out," said a synthesized female voice.

The computer with artificial intelligence Z8 began to take care of Star Hunter spacecraft from that moment. They teleported to Los Angeles and materialized at the subway of Chinatown, the Chinese neighborhood. Together, they got into the train mingling with humans.

"Would you mind if I started seeing your mother again?" Merko asked suddenly, cutting the silence.

"Obviously not. If I want to marry an alien, why couldn't my mother? Even more so now that I feel more and more like one of you.

"Since my own son is giving me his permission, I'll start dating your mother."

"Will she accept it? You are very sure of yourself! Remember that she does not know you exist..."

"I'll do my best and use all my charm," Merko said with a wink.

Nicholas smiled at his father's words.

"I think I know how to help you. I will tell my mother that you are Zara's father, who has been widowed for some time and is looking for someone who can make you happy again. With this excuse, it will be easier for you to approach her. What do you think about this?"

"Simply, great. You're making a good Cupid."

"It does not cost anything to give a little help!"

"And I have an idea to explain the fact of your disappearance. Soon after we find a place to stay in this city, let's all go to your mother's house, I have a good story to tell."

After that, the three of them headed to a hotel in Los Angeles. Until they found a definite place to live, Merko and Zara would be staying there, not far from the boy's house. They checked in to settle down and talked about what they would tell Lorena while they were having a snack in the hotel's restaurant. Zara preferred to know the details later, since she needed to rest from the trip. Her condition had made her tired. She went upstairs to her room, while Merko and Nicholas went to Lorena's house.

When they arrived on Earth, they scheduled the return to the past to the day when they had all left the planet, that is, a few weeks after the boy's disappearance, as they had agreed. This would improve the chances of a return to the normalcy of their lives. This way, there would be no changes that could cause temporal paradoxes. All the extraterrestrials would have already left for the planet Life and there would be no risk of meeting their equals in embarrassing circumstances.

Sanches went to his house. It was time for everyone to go back to their normal lives.

Lorena rested watching television in the living room and Sophia saw a TV show she liked in her bedroom when suddenly the doorbell rang. The mother promptly opened it and was paralyzed to see the police officer who had sought her son weeks before, shortly after his disappearance. She trembled that she would receive some serious news about her son. In fact, Lorena would have two news, one wonderful, followed by another terrible.

"Are not you the investigator who came to me a few weeks ago looking for my son?" Do you have any news about him? Where is he? Is he alive? Tell me please. I cannot handle waiting for him. Did something happen?" - Lorena asked, firing the words like a machine gun.