VIII - Mirov's Plan

After escaping from the prison, Mirov was talking to the other soldiers in the place where they were hiding. The base was in Sector 13, in the depths of the Mutant Forest. Although they knew that Mirov was unscrupulous, the soldiers put in his ideas the hope of getting out of there and returning to their families. To participate in a rebellion in which he took power and rid them of the condition of fugitives was a dream for which it would be worth fighting.

"What a terrible place this is! Wasn't there a better place for the military to do their training? Everything around is dead and what exists alive here are mutants, ready to devour anything." Mirov commented with contempt as he looked around.

Mirov had arrived just a few hours ago and didn't want to rest. In prison, he said, he had rested enough.

"Sir, when choosing this site to build a base of training, the purpose was precisely for the officers to learn to fight in adverse conditions. It was Merko himself who chose it," replied Captain Fizard. "The most tenebrous creatures on the planet live in this region. Gigantic reptiles, resulting from laboratory experiments, were abandoned here, but they not only survived but managed to dominate the environment. By their voracity they can adapt to any wild ecosystem."

"I don't like to hear this name, Merko..." Mirov continued, ignoring the officer's explanation. "He will pay dearly for having betrayed me. As for this place, we won't stay here for long... And about the creatures that you speak so much," Fizard nodded, "who knows, they might be useful to me someday." The ex-counselor smirked maliciously; his head filled with evil thoughts.

Radof simply listened to him, his face serious, not knowing what to think.

***

Mirov got rid of the identification wristbands he and Radof used in jail as soon as possible. He ordered the military to destroy them so that there would be no possibility of being tracked.

Now that he was safe, it was time for Mirov to put his revenge plan into effect.

"Fizard, I want you to invade planet Life's government defense system and steal ten war robots. I will need them to help me master the king's military forces. I want you to kidnap two Robotics experts, one Nuclear Energy expert and one Physicist, for I will force them to put the latest weapons and technologies on the attack robots. Make sure you also bring all the necessary materials for the job."

"Yes, sir. I'll take the six soldiers with me. But I think I'll need more men to accomplish this mission effectively."

"I can get you more military men. I'll get in touch with a soldier who has always been faithful to me. He can help us. I believe he's an officer now after all these years. I myself recommended him to the King to serve the defense forces when I was Counselor at Court. I think he'll be useful to me now."

"That's good news, sir." Fizard retorted.

Immediately, Mirov got in touch with the man he had in the Air Force of planet Life. He was now captain and commanded a ship with a crew of fifty people. His name was Zidrone. Upon learning of the rebellion, he promptly agreed to take part in the actions in favor of the former adviser. He chose twenty men of complete trust and subordination and put them at Fizard's disposal.

Mirov continued his orders:

"I want you to bring Croiff, too. When you approach him, say that you will take him to where his friend Radof is and he will accompany you here without any major problems. Go fast! Be discreet or better, invisible!"

Later, Mirov ordered Radof to contact Croiff so that his servant's friend would carry out a mission for him. Radof sent a message to Croiff informing him of the success of the escape and his friend celebrated: