XIX - An Intruder in the Enemy Ship

To detect the presence of the enemy, the guards turned on the ship's infrared location system. It didn't only show the presence of all the crew, but also which were transmuted. This was how they finally discovered Nicholas' presence.

"Terran, just you wait," said Colonel Fizard, recognizing the young man on the system. "The enemy is on the bridge of the command room. Go and get him, right now," he commanded his soldiers.

But before they got there, Nicholas had already teleported into the engine room, installing another grenade. Fizard was about to notify the search party when an officer informed him:

"Commander, the Earthman has messed with one of our systems. He turned off the ship's defense shields."

"That damn boy! Locate him, immediately. Pull all the shields back."

At that time, the first grenades began to explode, destabilizing the battlecruiser Star Dragon. Beside this, Nicholas' robot was destroying everything, firing its cannons to all the sides. Taking advantage of the distraction, Crom and Merko's team invaded the ship.

The chief officer who accompanied the commander, as soon as he saw the door opening, put his hand on his weapon, but Crom teleported, positioning himself behind him, surrendering him with the laser weapon.

The chief officer didn't react and Fizard, upon seeing the action, tried to approach Crom, but then realized that Tibor had a gun on his back. He rolled on his heels and reversed his position over the rival, punching him in the stomach. Tibor held the pain and placed both hands on the Colonel's chest, pushing him against the ship's wall, producing sparks at the impact. Half-stunned, Fizard reached to the holster to pull the pistol, when he was struck by a sharp blow to his nape. He fell to the ground, stunned.

Tibor placed his index and middle fingers on Fizard's neck. He saw that his heartbeat was normal. He checked his breathing and realized it was fine. In a few moments the Colonel started to rise, feeling stunned and helpless. He looked down at his wrists, already cuffed. Nicholas's friends wanted Fizard prisoner, so they could go ahead with the plan. Nicholas had said:

"Take the leader out of the scene and the others will fall together."

Merko materialized in the ship with the soldiers and subdued the other crew members. Then he entered the command room with his men:

"Be still and do not react or you'll be disintegrated," Merko said before Fizard began to argue. "Listen quietly to what I'm going to say: cooperate with us, because otherwise it'll be worse for you. Mirov doesn't deserve so much loyalty from the men I trained to serve the true King," Merko continued quietly, pointing a pistol at Fizard.

The colonel swallowed dry and stared at the exoskeleton the commander was using, saying:

"Commander Merko, you don't understand how far King Mirov's madness goes... He'll kill my entire family if I fail this mission. To get us to obey him, he threatened everyone with his robots. He imprisoned Counselor Kenan and Princess Isadora, preventing anyone from approaching. No one on planet Life is safe. Understand me: if I fail and return, I'll be a dead man, just like all the people I love. Please, Captain Merko, don't take me back. I prefer to die here, with dignity, without putting others' lives at risk."

Before Merko said anything, Nicholas entered the room, coming out of his disguise. Running, he approached his father and the defeated leader of the mission.

"We have to get everyone out of here, right now. I programmed the bombs so that in a few minutes, the whole ship would blow up. Fizard, give the order for all the crew to leave. We'll talk on the other ship," said Nicholas, with the robot positioned behind him. The iridium monster was his new bodyguard.