V - Nicholas's New Life

Nicholas, besides working as a researcher at the University, also had fun watching in the telescopes the planets and the movements of the stars. He could imagine how the Cosmos was up close due to the wonderful experiences he'd lived by Zara's side.

Merko loved to take Helen to school in Lorena's company. On the way, they talked about various subjects and had a good time together.

It was a Friday, when a wonderful sunset announced the evening; as Nicholas ended another day's work at the Institute of Cosmology, he called Zara telepathically:

"Love, it's me."

She was in her office watching the students by the window, when she heard her husband's voice:

"Hi Nick. Good to hear you. Today my day was busy!"

"Mine too, but today I wanted a special night. Let's go out and have dinner together? I'll pick you up by car. You can leave yours in the parking lot, tomorrow I'll take you to work."

"What a good idea! I was thinking about a happy hour tonight. How about Japanese food? "Suggested the doctor.

"Great idea. In a few minutes I'll be there. Tell mom to take care of Helen tonight."

"Of course! I will talk to her. Merko and Lorena love to be with Helen."

Zara was a little tired because of her work and was anxiously waiting in the parking lot. After a few minutes, Nicholas came to pick her up. She was glad to see him and he quickly opened the door for her to enter. Then, he got in the car and gave her a kiss before they left.

"I'm crazy to savor Japanese food, but Nick, look at this traffic jam. The city of Los Angeles has many more cars than people. It will soon be impractical to drive here!" She commented, stressed.

"As in every big city, my dear, but I have a solution."

"You are kidding! You cannot do what you're thinking."

The night fell and Nicholas entered a vicinal road that led to a region of wineries. When there were no more cars in sight, in the blink of an eye, they began to fly over the city. People and buildings began to grow small and the night lights created the perfect mood, along with the feeling of the wind touching their faces. Nicholas lowered the top of his convertible car, looked at Zara and spoke in an ironic tone:

"My dear, we shall soon reach our destination tonight. In addition, we have the privilege of enjoying the trip from the bird's point of view."

"How can you do that? I knew you could lift and manipulate objects and gravity, but fly? It's extraordinary! Even more with the weight of this car." Zara replied with admiration. "But look forward! There may be helicopters and other obstacles."

"You can leave it to me, my love. I'm paying attention. It's a surprise I was saving to show you. Merko is teaching me the concentration needed to do amazing things with telekinesis. He even told me that we can lift ourselves up against gravity and fly... Isn't it incredible? I didn't know that was possible, but Merko taught me that when we learn to master gravity, we go beyond all the limits that weight exerts on the masses."

"I think we should land. Someone could see us and this could bring us problems."

Nicholas agreed with her and within minutes they were already in the parking lot on the top floor of a mall. They were cautious and landed in a place where there was no one.

The couple arrived at the restaurant and the two remembered the time they were dating in New York. They went to several nice places to walk around. It was then that Nicholas asked:

"Zara, are you enjoying living on my planet?"

"Nick, I think the pleasant routine of our lives and taking care of Helen were very significant changes that made me appreciate the Earth. What I want is to be close to you."