22 : Lunch with the Ventura's

Start from the beginning

Rhian chuckled. "Fine. Glaiza, you did great for a beginner. A for effort."

"Thank you" Glaiza playfully replied in a proud tone, before the two of them chuckled at their silliness. "But seriously, you were great. I can't imagine how hard it is to win at that game. I mean its so complicated, with all its moves and not to mention, balancing on defending your king and attacking your opponent. Its... its just hard."

"That's understandable. When I first learn chess, I was also confused at all of its pieces, how it represents, the moves, all of it. But eventually, I started to get the hang of it. See, chess is all about making strategies, and immense concentration. Testing how far your critical thinking is and putting your mental abilities into use. That's why its my favourite sport. It exercises the brain." Rhian shared.

All the while, Glaiza was smiling as she listened to the girl. She don't know why, but she find it amusing on the way Rhian got a bit deep sharing her opinion on a sport that is not that known by many. "Woah, that's some hardcore stuff. You really do enjoy playing chess, huh?"

Seeing the amused look on Glaiza's face, Rhian realizes that she talked too much, and stared at the board game in embarassment. "Uh, y-yeah, I do."

"Well, in that case, how about a rematch next time?"

"Rematch? With you?" Rhian chuckled. "What, you want to lose again?"

"Who says I'm gonna lose? The rematch will take after you teach me a thing or two. After that, you watch me beat your ass at the game." Glaiza says, as she look at Rhian square in the eyes proudly.

Rhian smirked. "Challenge accepted, De Castro."

The two smiled challengingly at each other, but was interrupted when the main door opens, revealing Jason and his parents.

Rhian's eyes widened and stood up, greeting the couple. Glaiza watch as the rich girl seemed to be surprise of their visit. The couple mentioned about wanting to check up on their son and his future wife, to which Glaiza saw the slight scrunch of the rich girl's eyebrows. They wanted to spend lunch with them, wanting to bond with Rhian. Lovi suggest that they have it at the cafe owned by Rhian's uncle, saying that they're roasted chicken is to die for.

Although, the couple agreed to it, Glaiza could sense that they weren't particularly excited about the group coming with them. Maybe because of the way Mrs. Ventura slightly furrowed her eyebrows at the mention of the group accompanying them.

Then Rhian turn and introduce the group to them before she land on Glaiza.

"... And you both met Glaiza, my-." Rhian was cut off my Jason's father.

"Yes, yes, the 'girlfriend', we know." Mr. Ventura chuckled, making air quotes.

"But, its true. She's my girlfriend." Rhian says, intertwining her hands with the short-haired girl.

Mrs. Ventura looked at their hands and snorted. "Rhian, dear, that's enough jokes about that. It was funny last time, but now lets... lets not do that anymore."

"No really, Glaiza's my-" Rhian convince but was cut off by Glaiza tugging her hand a bit to stop her.

"Uh, we're gonna head up and change. I figured that we'll be having our lunch now, right?"

"Well yes, but-"

"Good." Glaiza answered then turn to the group, pointing at the empty wrappers and cans at the living table. "You guys clean this mess up and change clothes. Don't take long."