Chapter twenty nine

I don't think he understood when I said that things are going to be different this time around because here I am staring at those same walls, bored out of my mind once again.

I woke up alone and disoriented in Cameron's room. At first I was disappointed but wait! I know what you're thinking and I do have a justifiable excuse for that, which is that I had a moment of insanity. It must be due to the stress I am undergoing these days, that and the fact that I'm sure my period is starting soon.

Last night after we returned from his parents, we went to our separate rooms. He didn't drag me into his and I didn't look back when I entered mine. Probably wondering how did I fell asleep in one room and woke up in another. I blame the stalker that attacked me.

I spent couple hours laying on my back thinking about whatever went through my mind at that time. I thought about my biological parents, Joe, the boys back in Silver creek, the boys here, Lily and that guy, heck even Sky the demon child.

Somehow I managed to go to sleep but it wasn't long until I started seeing his dark, calculating and evil eyes. Not long until I could literally feel his stinky breath fanning my face. He was there. He wasn't dead but alive. He was taunting me and Lex laid unmoving beneath him.

I asked him what he wanted.

You. He answered.

He wanted me but when I asked why he didn't respond but laughed instead. I yelled at him, screamed and shouted at him to stop laughing but he didn't. I wanted to know what he wanted with me but he wasn't answering any my questions.

I looked at Lex. Willing for him to wake up.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I knew he wasn't going to wake up. Not ever. He was dead. Gone.

Because of me. Because he wanted to save me and was unsuccessful.

You're dead.

I closed my eyes tight and placed my hands on my ears trying to block out what I was seeing and hearing. He couldn't be alive and Lex couldn't be dead.

Lex was alive and he saved me. I'm not dead.

No no. This was just a nightmare.

It was not real.

I could hear his laughter still.

STOP STOP STOPPPPP!

"Hey. It's okay. Hey hey"I heard a distance voice say but I kept my eyes closed.

"I'm here baby. It's just a dream. Wake up"the voice got clearer and clearer but there was a cry that was foreshadowing it.

"No. No. No"I kept repeating trying to get away from the hands that were grabbing me.

Help! Help someone please help!

I wasn't even calling for myself. I was calling for Lex because he couldn't be dead. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and if he could be saved then he should.

"BABY! Open your eyes. It's okay. You're safe"that same voice said.

It was alluring and pulling me back from the darkness. It sounded safe so I held on to it.

I opened my eyes slowly. My vision was blurry and I couldn't see much but I could feel the tears running down my face.

I sobbed out loud. I didn't care. I didn't care how I looked or sounded. I wanted to cry. For myself, for Lex.

The person pulled me to their lap.

"It's okay babe. I'm here"the voice said and I knew who it was.