|53| Beautiful Incident

Cayden's POV

    I've been walking on egg shells for the past few days around Brooke. I feel like 75 percent of the time I've been on her nerves and the other 25 she just refuses to leave the bed.

    Luckily, this all happened after Cayleigh recovered from the cold she had a couple weeks ago. Unluckily, I don't know why Brooke's so pissed at me all of sudden. I haven't done any stupid lately.

    Well, at least that I know of.

    I picked up my phone and dialed Theo's number. "What's up, my man?"

    "Yo! You wanna hit up Chuck E. Cheese with me and Cay? Jake said he would meet us there."

    He paused for a second than answered with a less than happy tone. "Wow. I'm real hurt, Cayd."

    I rolled my eyes knowing exactly where his fake guilt trip was going. "What?"

    "You invited Jake before you invited me."

    "He was already on the phone with Brooke when I went to see if she wanted to come with us."

    "So I was the third person who got the invite. Woooow!"

    "No. You were the fourth. Mya's here."

    Mya wasn't here. I just wanted to fuck with him. Sometimes he makes it too easy.

    "Unbelievable." I could hear rummaging coming from his end of the phone, like he was putting away dishes. "Just for that, you're paying for pizza."

    "You know I always pay for dinner when we go on dates."

    "And Jake is paying for my tokens."

    "Anything else, your highness?"

    "Yeah. You're driving. Pick me up in 20."

• • • • • • • • • •

    Cayleigh and I were out front of Theo and Jake's frat house in 15 minutes. We wanted to be punctual for our date and all.

As soon as Cayleigh saw Theo walking out the front door, she instantly screamed for me to roll down her window.

    "Uncle Thee," she yelled. "Over here!"

    He put a hand over his eye, pretending to be looking around for her. "Cay baby, is that you?"

    "Yes! It's me! I'm over here!" She attempted to wave her arm back and forth at him but her tiny little hands barely made it out the window.

    "Where's over here? I can't see you." Theo began to spin in circles, still acting like he didn't know where she was.

    "Right. Over. Here." She screeched so loud I thought I felt my eardrums pop.

    "Oh. There you are." He started walking to the car. "Why didn't you say you were right in front of me?"

    "I did," she laughed.

    We made our way to Chuck E. Cheese with Cayleigh singing and bobbing her head to songs that we'd normally listen to, but the kids version of them. Theo sang along as well. Word for word. Which makes me believe he listens to these songs on his free time.

    I honestly wouldn't doubt it.

    When we walked in, Jake already had a table in the back with two pepperoni pizzas on it. It was the farthest table back there, hidden away in the corner. We've never encountered a crazy fan while being here. Thankfully all the supporters who recognize us usually leave us alone during our visits. But you can never be too safe.