|37| This Aint Mad

Brooke's POV

    As we pulled up to the frat house, the party was already going on in full swing. Just as I expected it to be, since it was almost 10:00 at night.

Theo saved us and Mya a stall each out front on the street so we wouldn't have to look for parking. Good thing too, because chances are we would've been looking for one all night with how packed this party already was. Outside alone there were so many people overpopulating the front lawn, meaning the inside was only that much more crammed.

As soon as Cayden stopped the car, I immediately got out. Even though I was nice and friendly to him while we were out at dinner, for Cayleigh's sake of course, I'm still not over everything that went down between the two of us back at his house. And I feel like because of my cordialness towards him in the past couple of hours, he seems to think that he's currently in the clear.

When in actuality, he is so far from it.

Because of the fight we got into, we were running behind schedule, which is why Mya arrived at the party before us. She didn't want to be here in the first place, let alone by herself, so she told me she would wait for me in her car. I walked over to where she was parked, which was right in front of us, and knocked on the window. When she saw who it was, she got out and made her way over to me.

Once she was in front of me, I instantly wrapped my arms around her neck. Exhaling loudly, I thanked her. "Thank you so fucking much for coming here tonight."

"Of course," she replied, hugging me back. "Are you alright?" The desperation behind my hug was probably showing, making her best friend's intuition start beeping out of control.

I let go of her and gave her a small nod. Hearing Cayden's door close behind us, I said to her, "I'll tell you later."

Cayden stepped beside me and placed a kiss on Mya's cheek while giving her a halfway hug. "Hey," he greeted her.

"Hey, Cayd. How you doing?"

"Alright. How 'bout you? How you holding up?"

It was obvious he was talking about her break up with Theo. I haven't seen Theo since it happened but according to Cayden, he hasn't been himself lately. He isn't exactly acting depressed or mopey but he's been — different, I guess, which is probably why he assumed that Mya was behaving the same.

But honestly, that is totally not the case when it comes to Mya. She's acting as if nothing happened at all.

"I'm great," she truthfully responded to Cayden with a smile on. "But I'm still allowed to see Cayleigh, right?" She gave him a curious stare.

"Are you serious? Of course, you are." And she would've been, too. Even if he answered her with the opposite response.

"Okay. Cool," she smiled at him. "Why don't you go on inside and hang out with the rest of those hooligans that you call friends?" She tipped her head towards the entrance of the house while chuckling.

Cayden nodded his head at her then walked behind me in that direction. Before completely passing me, he stopped at my side and gently landed his lips on my temple. It was so obvious that he was trying to use my love for forehead kisses to his advantage.

"I really am sorry," he reminded me, only speaking loud enough for me to hear. Then made his way into the house.

    As soon as Cayden's back disappeared behind the closed door of the party, I unloaded everything that happened before we arrived on Mya. The amazing greeting I got as soon as Cayden and Cayleigh opened the front door for me. The sudden anger that overtook me when I discovered the underwear. And eventually the insecurity to flowed throughout my entire body when I found out about Cayden's long term casual hook up with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.