|46| Welcome To The Family

Brooke's POV

    "Must be nice to be able to say, 'Let's go on a family vacation next week' and actually be able to do just that," Kelsey teased Cayden and I as the three of us settled down in the back seat of her family car.

    After Cayden suggested the he and Cayleigh go along with me to Hawai'i, I didn't even hesitate before calling Leila to let her know that my trip was back on. And that I was coming back with extra bodies.

    Hell, I called her before even checking if there was even any flights available for us to hop on.

    "Well it's not like I had to pay for the same things other people do when they go on vacation here," Cayden defended himself. "We got our hotel on that resident discount thing you guys have. And I also didn't have to pay for a car."

    "Really," Leila told him while sassily looking at him through the rear view mirror with one eyebrow raised. "Getting a car would've been the least of your expenses. I bet if I dropped you off at a rental place right now, you'd be more than able to pick up a car."

    Cayden faked a gasp. "And prevent you from being able to chauffeur me around for a whole week," he mocked her. "Nah, it's okay."

    Leaving the airport, we made our way to our hotel. Staying at my parents' house wasn't really an option I wanted to explore, considering they don't agree with my life choices when it comes to Cayleigh. But according to Cayden, even if it was an option, he still wouldn't want to stay there. Something about him not wanting to have to sleep with one eye open.

    I frowned at the thoughts of my parents. Even though we're not seeing eye to eye on this situation right now, I really hope they give the relationship between Cayden, Cayleigh, and I a chance. It may not be normal. But it's mine.

     And it's for that exact reason that they should respect it.

    Cayden wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me toward him so that my back was against his chest. "What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours," he asked me before placing a kiss on the crown of my head.

    "Nothing," I lied while smiling at his sweet gesture. "Just tired."

    "Mhmm," he replied with a smile of his own. "Does that mean Princess and I are gonna have to ditch you so we can hit up the beach?"

    I know he knew I was lying. But I was thankful that he didn't try to push the truth out of me like he usually does.

    "But daddy," Cayleigh told him, "Leila and Kelsey said they were going to take me to the pool. And we were gonna get 'nana smoodies and pay for it with the room card."

    "Oh you guys were, were you?"

    "Yups," Leila chimed in with a great big smile on.

    "Looks like you're the one who's getting ditched," Kelsey added.

    "It's okay." Cayden wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Brooke can keep me company."

    "Okay, but try to keep the smashing only to your guys' bed. I don't want to have to disinfect things before sitting on them in that hotel room like 'Imma have to do when I visit you guys in Cali," Kelsey joked.

    "Yeah, right," I groaned. "The only type of smashing that happens at our house is if something breaks."

    Leila eyed me in mirror. "Aww, B! Are you s-e-x-ually deprived?"

     I'm glad she spelled the word out because for the millionth time, I forgot to sensor my language in front of Cayleigh and I definitely wouldn't want her to start using that word. Or worst, letting everyone know what type of deprivation I'm having right now.