102°

Chris' P.O.V

Everything is going great for Gabbie and I, this parenting thing, we're mastering it. Although, we have years to come, we're mastering the newborn phase. Though we like to have our mothers around, it's not like we need their expertise through this phase anymore—Elle is very easy to deal with, she's a good girl. When Gabbie's taking a shower or just having time for herself, I make sure and talk to our daughter, asking her to be good for us.

—She fell asleep on your chest... Again. -my love points out as she comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body and another one on her head-

I giggle, she has told me not to spoil her this way because, well, daddy might have to be away for weeks and then she won't be able to fall asleep because she's missing me. And as selfish as it might sound, I like the idea of my daughter missing me, because of course, that makes me feel like she needs me... I'm sure many parents feel this way but won't talk about it publicly.

—But she's so cute... I can't put her down on her crib -I pout, Gabbie shakes her head laughing-

—Can't blame you, though.

I stop focusing on my daughter and start looking at my woman. She's wandering through our bedroom, gathering her lotion, her clothes and everything to get ready for bed.

—You know -I get her attention- I can't wait for the 40 days to be over.

She stares, trying to process what I just said and blushes. But she doesn't say a word.

—Don't you want the 40 days to be over? -I ask her-

—I mean, yes, but -I cut her off, raising both eyebrows-

—But? There are buts?

She bites the inside of her cheek, something she does when she's nervous. She breathes in before answering.

—I'm not too confident of my body, I had a baby 3 weeks ago and my body has changed...

—Don't even think about that! Do you think I'm a teenager or something? Of course your body went through changes, that doesn't change the fact that I still want you -I say-

I can't believe she's actually doubting herself. Though my dad told me to wait for it, since it happened to him and mom, too.

—You haven't seen me naked ever since I gave birth -she makes me think, and she's right, I haven't seen her naked-

—So? You carried our daughter for 9 months and gave birth to her, of course your body went through changes, but that doesn't make me want you less. There's nothing you could say about your body that would make me not want you.

And these are the moments in which you want the other person to look at themselves through your eyes. I honestly don't care if she has stretch marks, marks in specific or anything – she's still the woman that I'm in love with.

—All I'm saying is it might not happen as soon as you can -she shrugs- so don't expect for a the-40-days-are-over celebration.

—Doesn't matter, mi amor -I wink to her, making her blush-

My phone buzzes, getting my attention – she walks back to the bathroom with a PJ on her hands. I check the notifications and my eyebrows furrow at the text. It was Jenny -my ex- saying how happy she is for us and how she thinks I'm going to be the best dad.

—Guess who texted me -I say without taking my eyes off the screen-

—Who? -she curiously asks as she enters our room-