92°

Chris' POV.

Woken up by a call at 9am, great. I sigh, getting out of bed trying not to wake up the sleeping beauty next to me, I look at the ID caller and it read Simeon. I walk out of our bedroom and start walking downstairs as I pick up.

—Morning -I say-

—Morning, Chris. You'll never guess -he sounds cheery, and without giving me a chance to guess, he continues- you got the part in the movie.

—What?! -I ask cheerful- God, that's awesome. I really wanted this one! Thank you, Simeon, you're the best -I giggle and so does he-

—Come on! You got the work done, that's why the called. I'm happy for you, Chris, know you were excited over this one.

—We'll celebrate this one soon, I promise -he chuckles-

—Well, we'll discuss further details when we it's time to. I'll let you go, Chris. See you around.

—Alright, have a good day -I say and hang up the phone-

I stay still, smilingly looking through the glass doors that face the backyard. I let out a long breath, I can hear birds chirping from far -though I don't know if I made up that sound on my mind- and I can somehow, feel peaceful about this. I've been wanting to change characters for a moment now, know I'll be forever known as Captain America, but I don't want to be reminded for only being Captain America—I want to explore whatever I can embark on: broadway, theatre, series, movies, TV shows. Whatever.

I stand still for who knows how long, I got carried away until Dodger touches my hand with his nose, he looks happy to see me -as per usual-

—Okay, come on, little buddy.

I walk to the kitchen, feeling energetically happy. Grab on Dodger's food and pour it in his plate, he waits for me to say "go" and he begins to eat, I look at him for a couple of seconds, then I decide to get going.

—Time to start the show -I say to myself as I start to gather everything for breakfast-

My first though was the traditional breakfast: pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs... But then, I remembered last time Gabriela almost threw up by just looking at the plate.

I start to make the coffee and then focus on the sandwiches: grilled cheese, hopefully Gabbie won't hate these. It didn't took long for me to get everything done. I check the hour on my phone and realise it's still early, Gabbie won't wake up yet—I pour me some coffee and add two tablespoons of coffee mate, then I grab my plate and head outside, Dodger following my steps.

I eat peacefully and in silence, just looking around my backyard and the sky, then I start thinking about my daughter, how will my life change after she's born? She's not here yet and I already want to give her all of me, I want to be for her in every single step of the way, I know I'll try to be as present as I can—it's true my job will make me be absent from time to time, but I'll give her the life she deserves. She'll never lack of anything, and I'm not thinking of money, her mom and I love her already so much. I just hope she doesn't have a hard time trying to understand why daddy isn't sometimes around.

~

Been listening to all Radiohead albums for the past hours as I lay in the couch and still, no sign of Gabriela down the stairs, it's 11:30AM already, but I don't want to wake her up, I don't know if she's tired or something...

My stomach starts to growl and I feel tempted to eat Gabbie's breakfast, but if I do, I'll feel guilty about it. I walk to the kitchen to see if I can find anything to eat, but I'm too lazy to actually prepare another sandwich; plus, it's almost lunch time.

—Ahh. What should I do? -I think out loud-

I decide for chicken alfredo fettuccini, it's one of the -quick- meals that are delicious. I start to make everything, expecting my girlfriend walking into the kitchen anytime soon, but by the time I'm finally done, she hasn't come yet. This time, I decide to go upstairs just to check on her—I open the door carefully and see her rubbing her eyes already.

—Babe -I mouth-

—Hi, amor -she lazily says- I don't wanna move -she pouts and closes her eyes again-

It makes me chuckle, then I got an idea. I just say "hold on" and go back to the kitchen, find a tray somewhere and place our plates along with the cutlery there, grab two bottles of juice and put each one in both of my pockets, carefully walking back to our bedroom.

Et voilà -I say opening the door, she opens just one eye to look, and then both, smiling at me-

—Chris... -she says with the warmest smile ever-

—My girl said she didn't wanted to leave bed, so she doesn't have to -I say, playfully placing the tray on the bed, she helps me out to balance it-

—I love you... A lot. -she says smilingly-

My heart skips a beat when I hear it and look at her smile, and I feel grateful for this moment, for this day. I sit down beside her as she grabs the tray, helping me out.

—I love you more -I say honestly- I made you breakfast, too, but it's late now -I smile at her, taking the bottles out of my pockets, I hand one to her and she chuckles grabbing it-

—You're such a cutie pie, babe -she lightly touches the tip of my nose- what did you do for breakfast, sir?

—Not pancakes, don't worry -I giggle and she lets out a dramatic sigh, placing the back of her hand in her forehead-

—I gotta thank every god that exists because I have the most considerate man ever -I poke her side, amused at her goofiness- Hey! Don't do that -she giggles-

We laugh and chat for a bit, talking about whatever crosses our minds. She points out the creativity of me bringing her lunch to bed, we never ever eat here 'cause we are not big fans of eating at bed—but this time, it's special, and different. A way of trying to get rid of routine.

—Oh, and I have to tell you -I get excited-

—I know it's good news for the smirk on your face -she says smiling-

—You got me.

—What is iiiiit? -she squeals-

—Remember how I told you about this part in a movie...?

—Of cou-YOU GOT THE PART? -she asks loudly and excited, I simply nod and chuckle as she throws herself in my arms, hugging me tightly and giving me kisses around my face- I knew you'd get it! I'm so happy for you, baby

—I'm really excited -I tell her- I wanted this. I mean, I didn't know about it until I knew, but the moment I went to audition I knew I needed this.

—And I knew you'd get it, I'm extremely happy for youuuu, Christopher Evans.

I chuckle again and admire her beauty, her dimples showing thanks to her wide smile, her bed hair, her huge bump carrying our daughter.

—You're the love of my life -I bluntly let out, she stops squealing for a moment and looks at me, her eyes start to fill with tears and I worry- what is it?

—Nothing! I'm just pregnant and hormonal and you just told me I'm the love of your life -she cries- and I love you -she hugs me and sobs a little bit... And I think it's the cutest-

———

It's been a lot without a Chris' POV, right? Hope you enjoy this one.

By the way, do you like Radiohead? If yes, what's your favourite song?