81°

It was a normal Monday morning until Sara rang the bell and the gate guy called Chris, we were still sleeping -we had trouble falling asleep, and not because of that- and she practically knocked us out of bed.

While Chris and I were still a little bit asleep, Sara is so energetic this morning, as if she drank 5 cups of black coffee.

—What's up with you? -I ask almost in a growl-

—What's up with me? What's up with you?! Aren't you excited?

—Excited? She was an anxious mess last night -Chris answers her as he pours down coffee on his Boston Red Sox cup-

—You can't blame me -I shrug- I haven't even checked my phone and I'm not sure if I want to, I even asked Chris to turn it off last night so we could sleep till noon.

—Oops -Sara chuckles- let me pay you back, then. I'm doing breakfast for you.

—You don't have to worry -Chris soothes her and I roll my eyes-

—She does, let her -I say amusingly. I'm so tired, I don't want to cook- I need to take advantage

—Bitch -my sister murmurs in between teeth, making me laugh- you're lucky you're carrying my niece, otherwise, I would only make breakfast for Chris.

—Thanks for that! -Chris giggles, teasing me-

—I'm with two traitors, unbelievable. Well, at least Dodger and my daughter won't betray me, right? -I ask Dodger in a childish voice as I pet him- who's a good boy, who?

—What are you craving, Chris? -my sister asks my boyfriend-

—Whatever you want to cook

—Gaby, do you have any corn flour here?

I look up to face them, the movement made my lower back ache stronger than it normally does.

—I, uhm, yeah. I think so -I walk to the pantry and look around, finding the yellow package- here it is! -I hand it to her- which one are you making? -I ask her just to make Christopher feel intrigued-

—I don't know yet... Which one do you recommend? -she realizes what I'm trying to do and follows my lead-

—I'm not sure, what about... Reina pepiada?

Chris' face is tilted to the side, his eyebrows are frowning and I'm sure he's trying to figure out what the hell are we even talking about. Sara and I look at him, then we look at each other and let out a laugh.

—I feel like you two are plotting against me. Come on!

—What?! You were betraying me seconds ago! -I say in between laughs-

—I'm going to make you some arepas for breakfast. It's typically what Gabriela and I used to eat. All. The. Time.

—Care to explain what's that? -he leans into the kitchen counter-

—It's like... I don't know how to explain it to you, but you basically make a corn dough with that -I point the yellow package- and you cook it. -I explain my boyfriend who's too focused on processing my words-

—You can also fry it -Sara complements- and once it's cooked, you open it up, stir butter and eat it with whatever you'd want to—this time, I'm making you reina pepiada, which is basically arepa filled with shredded chicken with mayo as dressing and avocado... I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

—You could add cheese if you want to -I say to him, remembering Sara and I's childhood- we used to put white cheese in it, I don't know the names here and I'm sure it's not produced here, but I loved one called Guayanés cheese.