Chapter 23

Eliza: I know you like me.

I looked away.

Spectre: I do.

Eliza: I like you too, Spectre.

I looked back at her and she smiled.

Spectre: You do?

Eliza hugged me and nodded. I hugged back and didn't say anything else. Eliza finally broke the silence.

Eliza: Let's get breakfast?

Spectre: Yeah. It'll be you getting breakfast and me sitting there, but same thing.

Eliza: We can come back here so you can eat too.

Spectre: I've always skipped breakfast, it's fine.

Eliza: You sure?

Spectre: Yeah.

Eliza: Ok, let's go.

We walked to the cafeteria and while walking Eliza grabbed my hand. I gripped hers and continued walking. We walked in and sat down with the other FBI operators. Eliza put her head in my shoulder and I put an arm around her.

Thermite: You two finally admitted to each other.

Spectre: Yes we did.

Eliza smiled and went back to eating.

Pulse: Hey Spectre, do you ever eat?

Spectre: Not breakfast.

Pulse: I'm guessing you eat lunch and dinner in your dorm.

I nodded.

Spectre: Has anyone checked on Caveira?

No one said anything.

Spectre: I'm gonna go to the infirmary.

Eliza: I'm coming with you.

I walked to the infirmary with Eliza and opened the door. Ghost was still there and he was just sitting with his head in his hands. I decided to not try to talk to him or touch him at all after hearing what happened to Echo. Ghost was still handcuffed to his chair. Taina was still out and Ghost had Larva on. We left after a few minutes and Doc talked to us.

Doc: He hasn't moved from his current position. He didn't sleep last night. He hasn't spoken for 16 hours. He won't move for any reason. I'm worried about him. He's going to get dehydrated.

Spectre: He's going to be like this until Taina wakes up.

Doc: I know.

I walked away with Eliza at my side. We went and sat down at a table alone. I could see on Eliza's face that something was bothering her.

Spectre: What's wrong?

Eliza: Nothing.

Spectre: Eliza, something is clearly bothering you.

Eliza: I'm fine.

Spectre: Eliza. You are not fine. Please, if you want to talk in private we can.

Eliza: Ok, let's go to my dorm.

We walked back to Eliza's dorm and took I sat down next to her. She started to cry into my shoulder.

Eliza: I was thinking about how since you aren't an operator, we won't be on missions together. If I get injured, you won't be there with me if I die.

Spectre: You'll be ok. You've been fine on your missions before. You can stay strong.

Eliza was going to say something, but the intercom buzzed.