Chapter 9

You went back to your dorm after training the recruits and Caveira was sitting on the couch and she looked like she had recently been crying. You hugged her.

Y/N: Hey, what's wrong?

Taina was still crying and had to talk in between sobs.

Taina: My brother........... they killed him. He's gone, Y/N. You're the only one I have left.

Y/N: I'm sorry, Taina.

You tried to sound sad which you were, but you were more angry.

Taina: When I was in my coma I saw you, but I couldn't speak when you were there, only when you dissipated could I speak again. I cried and beat on the door for so long to no avail, but one time it opened and I saw something. I tried to grab it, but a door blocked me from it. A long time later ,presumably a week, the door opened again and I grabbed it. It was a light, it dissipated in my hands and I woke up. After I saw you, I expected to see any of my family or other operators, but I only saw you.

Y/N: I was the only one who stayed by your side. Maybe that's why.

Taina: Maybe it was trying to show me who I have left to love.

Y/N: Taina, I'll be here for you. Eu te amo.

Taina nestled herself into you and you heard a muffled response.

Taina: Eu também te amo, Y/N.

There was a silence that filled the room for a few minutes.

Y/N: Hey, Taina?

You got no response so you looked down at her and realized she was asleep. You just sat there for a minute until you saw a blue ring in the corner of the room. You looked up and saw one of Valkyrie's Black Eyes. You flipped it off and put your head back to sleep, but you got a text. You looked at your phone, it was from Echo.

Echo: Had a good time last night?

Y/N: The fuck do you mean?

Echo: Wow, you even looked right at my Yokai, too.

Y/N: You son of a bitch, if you send it to anybody, I swear.

Echo: No promises.

Y/N: I will skin you alive. *Error: Message Not Sent*

You can no longer send direct messages to this person.

'Shit.'

Meghan then texted you.

Meghan: That was cute. You two are great.

Y/N: Why do you have a camera in my dorm?

Meghan: I can get you to do stuff for me.

Y/N: Черт побери, так ты шантажируешь меня? Я знаю, что не должен говорить тебе это, но ты сука.

Meghan: Hey, don't call your sister that.

Y/N: Wer hat dir Russisch beigebracht?

Meghan: Ну, Fuze научил меня русскому языку. IQ hat mir Deutsch beigebracht.

Y/N: Foda-se, agora tenho que usar o português.

Meghan: Muito tarde.

Y/N: 글쎄, 당신은 나쁜 년이야.

Meghan: 무례한.

Y/N: Goddamn, do you know all the languages I speak?

Meghan: All the ones in your file, yes.