Chapter 16

I walked in the training room with an arm around Taina to see Marius already there chatting with Spectre and Monika sitting next to the door. I kissed her and started to walk over to Spectre.

Spectre: Officer on deck!

As usual, all of my 'recruits' which I would no longer call recruits lined up and saluted before standing and waiting for me to speak.

Taina POV

Monika and I were talking while Y/N walked over to his recruits.

Taina: It's crazy how fast these guys learned.

Monika: I haven't seen them fight so I'm looking forward to it.

Taina: It's impressive. Y/N can still beat them 3 vs 1, but that's with almost anyone.

Monika: They respect Y/N so much. They know his real name and your real name and they just use your codenames.

Taina: Hold on, watch this.

I watched with Monika as Y/N walked over and Spectre yelled to the others.

Spectre: Officer on deck!

All the recruits lined up and saluted before standing and waiting for Y/N to speak.

Taina: It's crazy. He could tell them to run into a room full of nitro cells and they would do it.

Monika just watched as Y/N started to speak.

Y/N POV

Ghost: Jager here will be training with us tonight. I expect you to treat him with as much respect as you treat me. Do you understand?

Spectre, Cub, Revenant: Yes, sir!

Ghost: First up, I want Jager against Spectre in the ring.

Spectre: Yes, sir!

Jager looked at me with the "Really, man?" look. I nodded to him and gestured for him get in the ring. He climbed in and the two began. The fight lasted for such a short period of time that I barely had time to look back towards Taina and Monika. I gave them a small nod and looked back to the fight to see Jager on the ground with Spectre extending a hand to help him up. We stayed in there for hours until Marius started showing improvement.

Y/N: Alright, I'm going to leave now. Jager, come back tomorrow?

Jager: Expect me at 1700.

Y/N: Got it.

I turned around to see Taina and Monika still awake despite it being 0400. I sat down next to them as they were mid conversation.

Monika: Y/N, we were just talking about you.

Y/N: About?

Taina looked down and hid her face.

Monika: How much you care about her. She said that she wants t-

Taina interrupted her by holding her hand over Monika's mouth. Monika moved Taina's hand away and continued speaking.

Monika: She said that she wants to be with you for the rest of her life and that she hopes that you propose at some point.

This could all but put a smile on my face as I thought about what I planned on doing tomorrow.

Y/N: Just you wait, Taina.

I put an arm around Taina and pulled her close to me.

Y/N: Just you wait.

Taina hugged you back and nestled her head into your chest.