Chapter 19

I woke up in a hospital bed and couldn't figure out if I was still unconscious or not. I looked around and saw people around me sitting in chairs. There was Taina, Meghan, Marius and Monika. Everyone was asleep and I glanced over at the clock beside my bed, 0100.

'Shit, I don't want to go back to sleep. Not after that I don't.'

I looked towards the door as Doc came in.

Doc: You're awake, my friend.

Y/N: Yeah, how long was I out?

Doc: 2 days. You haven't missed anything. I need to you something before they wake up.

Y/N: What is it?

Doc: Taina. She refused to leave this room for two days. Not to shower, not to eat, not to change, no one could get her out of here.

Y/N: Good to know.

I felt an abundant amount of heat grab onto my right side and looked to see Taina with tears streaming down her face.

Taina: Y/N.

Y/N: Hey, Taina.

Taina: I thought I lost you. Your heart stopped and restarted several times.

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her as tight as my injuries would allow.

Y/N: What injuries?

Doc: 3 GSWs to the torso, 3 in the arms, 3 in the legs and you were stabbed.

Y/N: Damn, how did I not die?

Doc: You did. Four times. As Taina said, your heart stopped and restarted. So you technically died four times.

Y/N: I'm a cat on my fifth life.

Doc: I wouldn't count on having nine chances though.

Y/N: Eh, 5. 9. It's all just numbers.

Taina: Not to me. I could've lost you, Y/N.

Y/N: I know, Taina. I'm sorry. I should've worn my armor there.

Taina released me and woke up Meghan, Marius and Monika.

Taina: He's awake.

Marius: Ah, good to see you're awake, mein freund.

Meghan just hugged me.

Monika: You do know you died four times right?

Y/N: Yeah, they told me about it.

Monika: Be more careful, you big dummy.

Y/N: I definitely will. I was out for two days, but only had a dream that lasted for what seemed like 5 minutes and then I woke up.

Doc: Time dilation.

Y/N: Ah, I see. When can I leave, Doc?

Doc: Now as long as you don't put too much pressure on your leg or arms or your entire body. So no training.

Y/N: I was looking forward to that. Am I allowed to walk?

Doc: Nope, we just got wheelchairs in so you get to be pushed around in one of these bad boys for about 7 days.

Y/N: Alright.

Doc unhooked me and I got in a wheelchair.

Doc: If you feel confident enough to try and walk you can after 2 days.

Y/N: Understood, Doc.

Taina pushed me out of the infirmary and when we were alone she smacked me in the head.