Chapter 14

A/N: The song has nothing to do with the story. It's just what I was listening to while writing this.

Y/N: I'm doing all of Team Rainbow's speeches from here on out.

Taina looked at you with sadness in her eyes.

Taina: You're going to be gone a lot then. What am I going to do when you're gone?

Y/N: Hold on, I might be able to do something about that.

You knocked on Six's office and heard her speak from inside.

Six: Come in.

You stepped inside and spoke with sincerity in your voice.

Y/N: Ma'am, I would like to make a request.

Six: Continue.

Y/N: I would like to add specialist Taina "Caveira" Pereira to my security detail.

Six: Elaborate.

Y/N: Her marksmanship and CQC skills will be great for security.

Six: Alright, I'll add her. Please inform her about this.

Y/N: Yes, ma'am.

You left Six's office and looked at Taina.

Y/N: I requested that you be added to my security detail. My request was approved, you get to come with me.

Taina hugged you and spoke into your chest.

Taina: Thank you, now I'll be able to spend more time with you. Even if I can't be right next to you, I'm still in your presence.

You hugged her back and spoke back to her.

Y/N: I want to spend as much time as possible with you, so I will do a lot of things to get more time with you.

Taina released you and grabbed your hand. You walked to the cafeteria for breakfast hand in hand. You grabbed some bacon, eggs and sausage with an orange juice while Taina grabbed sausage, two biscuits and a waffle with an apple juice. You gave some food to Abyss and he practically inhaled it. Taina leaned on your shoulder while eating.

Taina: Why do you do so much for me?

Y/N: You're the only person I have left to love. Why wouldn't I do things for you?

Taina: I'm just a normal woman.

Y/N: No you're not. You are unique.

Taina: Really?

Y/N: Of course, Face Paint.

Taina: I love you.

Y/N: I love you too, Taina.

Taina stopped eating and looked up at you. You looked into her soul piercing eyes for what seemed like eternity and then she kissed you, though taken by surprise, you kissed back and you both only broke away for air.

Taina: It just hit me that I'm with the most skilled operator here, but yet he's a teddy bear.

Y/N: Ok, Face Paint.

Taina: Ok, Teddy Bear.

You wrapped an arm around Taina and squeezed her so tight that she coughed.

Taina: Geez, it was a joke, calm down.

Y/N: Ok, Face Paint.

Taina tried to squeeze you, but couldn't put enough force behind it so you just wrapped your arms around her and hugged her. Taina tried to lean into your shoulder, but you moved back a bit and she fell into your lap.