Chapter forty two

Unedited. Last chapter before epilogue.
_____________________

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Hyung, what about this one?"

I handed Namjoon hyung the file to ask for his opinion. I want to learn everything quickly as possible so that I don't have to depend on him all the time. But it isn't easy when my mind is a mess.

"We talked about it yesterday Jungkook," he said before giving me a look, "you okay? You seem off."

I sighed deeply and shook my head. I didn't want to stress him out over a personal matter. He already has a lot on his plate.

But he kept the files aside and sat back taking in my nervous expression. It didn't take him a long to figure out.

"Did you talk to Meera?"

I nodded, "two days back she came to my cabin. It didn't turn out well." He gave me a knowing smile.

"Jungkook. You know what to do. You don't need to hear it from me."

His phone buzzed so he excused himself and left the cabin. I leaned against the backrest.

I used to think that I would be happy after I'm able to control my arms but .. I'm not. Something is holding me back from being happy, from smiling. It's guilt. But I don't know which guilt.

Guilt for hurting Noona? Or guilt for still having feelings for her and betraying Jimin hyung.

"I don't know. Nan molla." I closed my eyes and rubbed my nose bridge.

"Sir," Hwasa entered but I still didn't look up. I waved my hand and motioned her to continue. I could hear her chuckle.

"The new warehouse is all ready now. The team wants to shift the stock tomorrow so the ribbon cutting is preponed."

"So tomorrow?" By now I opened my eyes and sat properly.

"Yes sir. I have scheduled the event in the morning and shifted the previously scheduled meeting to afternoon. Is that okay for you?"

My mind went blank for a minute. Pull yourself together Jungkook!

"Yeah yeah it's fine."

I planned to talk to Noona tomorrow evening and sort things out but I had no idea what to talk about. Should I leave things as it is? Maybe time will solve it.

But things never worked the way we plan. Over the next few days I got more busy than I was supposed to. Few days turned into few weeks.

Each day my heart felt heavier than the day before. I couldn't eat properly, couldn't sleep properly.. I couldn't focus on work.

But when I saw Noona avoiding my eyes in the corridors of office, everything became worse. I broke down.

My heart hurts..

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"These fabrics are fine. Start the work."

I hung up the phone and inspected the material again. It surely is great for my new collection. I let it fall from my hands to move back against the sofa.

"Finally." I sighed in relief and stood up to pour a glass of wine for myself. It was 'me time'. I'll order pizza to enjoy wine with it. I was about to turn on some jazz when the doorbell rung ruining my relaxed mood.

"Fuck you whoever is on my doorstep," I muttered a series of curses on my way to the door.

"Jungkook?"

My eyes widened in surprise. He was supposed to be in Busan right now. He looked weak, lost and ..broken. His sad eyes met mine. It took just one look for me to figure out what it was about.

We both sat in the living room but none of us talked.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Millions of thoughts went through Jungkook's mind. He knew that talking about Jimin has always been a sensitive topic for Taehyung. He didn't know how to approach it.

"Hyung," he initiated the conversation, "I'm still in love with her."

Taehyung let out an irritated sigh, "Jungkook-"

"Hyung please." The younger male broke down in tears. His painful cries held so many emotions that only Taehyung could decipher.

"Is it my fault that she was Jimin hyung's first love?! Tell me. Is it my fault that I fell in love with her?! Then why should I live like this?! WHY?!"

More tears stained his pale cheeks while his eyes turned red. He could feel his heart being wrenched by a familiar force. His sobs never stopped.

"I want to be happy hyung.. is it a lot to ask? Will Jimin hyung hate me for that? For being happy with someone I love?"

Taehyung wasn't happy either. He tilted his head back to hold back his tears. He left Jungkook all alone in the living room and went to his own room.

He sat on the bed to calm his nerves but then his eyes fell on that photo frame.

Hearing Jungkook's cries and feeling his own hidden emotions come to surface made him realise one thing.

It wasn't the fact that Meera was Jimin's first love that his killer couldn't date, it was his own guilt for not being able to protect Jimin and let him die in his arms.

He never hated Jungkook. He hated himself for not saving Jimin. The regret held him back for over fifteen years now and even now, he wasn't free from it.

He didn't want to admit any of it so, in his mind and heart, he put the blame on Jungkook. It was his fault and no one else's.

He never acknowledged it but seeing Jungkook break down like that hurt him too. He lost Jimin. And the pain was and is unbearable.

He still isn't over Jimin's death, never freed himself from that incident.

If he kept this up he would lose not only Jungkook, but himself too. Because there is a limit to the amount of guilt a person can bear.

He needs to free himself first, from the guilt and from the regret.

Taehyung stood up and went to freshen up a little. His eyes were hurting from crying too much. He looked his reflection in the mirror and took off his friendship chain from his neck. He sighed and then smiled.

"Jimin-ah. You're proud of me right? You will support me no matter what I do right? Don't worry. I'll set things right."

Taehyung again smiled to himself because he was talking to Jimin like that for the first time. A habit he picked up from Meera.

He then went out to see Jungkook passed out on the sofa. He went closer to see his snoring slightly. His cheeks had dried tears.

"Jungkook-ah hyung is sorry for everything. I shouldn't have asked you to stay away from Meera. It's your life. And hers. If you want to be with each other then I should give you my blessing. Your happiness is more important than my own guilt and regret," he gently caressed his hair, "the only way Jimin can be happy is if we're happy. I will try to be happy too. For myself and for Jimin."

Taehyung stayed there next to Jungkook and fell asleep on the floor.

Both of them were completely unaware about another presence in the house. A sparkling figure wearing all white sat close to them. The outline of his figure was glittery.

He leaned forward wanting to touch them but moved back knowing he couldn't. His smile never left his face as he adored the males in front.

"Taehyung-ah. You did well. I'm proud of you."

_______________________
Epilogue is left. Please vote and comment a lot! I'll make sure to write a satisfactory epilogue 💜🌸❤️