Chapter thirty four

*few weeks later*

MEERA'S POV

"Meera."

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realise that Myungsoo stood next to my desk. My eyes were fixed on the empty chair next to me. Soobin finished his internship and left Jeon Corporation. He was back to his college. I was missing him.

It felt like everyone was leaving me ..

"Meera?"

I immediately stood up, slightly scared and almost hurting Myungsoo. "I'm sorry!" I bowed but he just shook his hands in front. "It's okay. Are you okay though?"

"Yes sir. I am." I looked down avoiding his eyes. He kept a folder on my desk which had my initials in it. "You're going to be interning in HR department now."

"HR department?" I asked while picking up the file.

"We don't have a permanent position here so Miss Hyuna talked to Mr Jeon about you interning in all the departments before you are sent to a department with a vacant position."

"Oh." I nodded at his words trying to process the information I just received. Well, I guess it's for the better.

"Thank you. I'll do my best." Myungsoo smiled and gave me some other important information. The file contained my performance report. Miss Hyuna let me take a look at it so that I can know where I'm lacking.

"I'll be going then. Do meet Miss Hyuna before you leave today."

"I will."

Since I'll be joining the HR department tomorrow, I better complete all the work assigned to me today itself.

Work got me distracted from all the negativity that has been inside of me for some time now. I haven't been feeling anything. Not since the day Jungkook decided to not see me at all, not even when all I wanted was to wish him good luck for him exam. I tried contacting Taehyung to know what exactly happened with Jimin but he avoided me too. Hobi and Sana are trying their best to cheer me up. They take me out on weekends so that I'm not alone with my negative thoughts. I really don't feel like third wheeling but I can see the sincerity in their eyes, in their efforts. They want me to move on at my own pace. Luckily I met Beomgyu once, he told me that Jungkook is doing okay and that I should focus more on myself.

It was quite late when I was finally finished with all the work. So I decided to go and meet Miss Hyuna. She helped me a big deal here.

"Good evening mam."

I entered her room and saw her going through a file

I entered her room and saw her going through a file. She smiled at me. "Did you do all the work?" She asked seeing the file in my hand.

"Yes I did."

"That's good. I talked to the head in the HR department. She is a great person and will help you out. The atmosphere there is a bit different so it might take you by surprise." She chuckled in the end making me raise my eye brow in confusion.