Chapter fifteen

Vote and comment a lot 💜
45 votes?💜

Co author: Jinismyfirstlove
______________________

MEERA'S POV

I yawned and stretched my arms. The report was almost complete. My eyes then drifted to the clock.

4.00 pm

It was my usual time to leave to go to Jungkook's place. I sighed remembering my conversation with Mr Jeon.

"I'm sorry you had to go through such a thing. I will talk to Yoongi about it. You can take a week off. Please Meera. I beg you. I'll pay you double but don't leave my son."

"Is he gonna be okay?", I asked myself, unsure of the answer. Jungkook had looked really pale and broken that time.

"Noona!"

I was startled and turned to look at Soobin who was already standing, ready to leave.

"You're leaving already?"

He gave me a concerned look.

"Did you forget? Mr. Myungsoo told us that we are supposed to sit at the meeting and take notes. It will be a good experience for us. And you get to meet the supervisor too. She is really great."

He showed two thumbs up.

"Oh yes." I quickly stood up and picked up a diary and a pen. How can I forget it? We will be finally meeting the supervisor. I gulped thinking about the meeting. I have heard people talking about her.

Don't fall for her looks. She can skin you alive if she wants to

I was sitting at a corner of a huge hall with Soobin next to me.  I couldn't help staring around in nervousness. Everyone was involved in loud chatter and for a while I just sat still taking it all in. But then Soobin turned to me, giving me a small smile.

"Noona?"

I hummed in response while turning the pages of my diary to a fresh page.

"Are you okay? You look stressed these days?"

I chuckled lightly at his concern. "Stressed?" I was happy to know that he cared for my well being.

"I'm not stressed Soobin. You are. I saw you completing your assignment earlier. You know that you could ask me for help right?"

"Oh that.." he scratched his nape. "Umm.. well college has always been stressful but I'm happy. I like to be busy."

And then we got so involved in talking to each other that we didn't notice how the entire table had quieted down. That's strange.

Fortunately, someone near Soobin nudged him and he quieted down too.

We could see someone walking to the biggest chair in the room. She looked tall and slender and pretty young. She was dressed in a pencil grey skirt and a white professional shirt. Her hair was blonde and face covered with heavy makeup. But surprisingly it suited her well.

She walked in with a serious look on her face and everyone sitting in the hall rose up. She sat in the empty seat and asked everyone to sit down.

The power and aura she holds was indescribable. Her one stare got people weak in the knees. I shouldn't get on her bad side.

"Shall we begin... So...I've been hearing a few things from the internal audit team. And they have been continually stressing on the lack of efficient internal controls in our firm".