Chapter Twenty-Seven

Gracie POV

I rolled over in bed at the sound of Rachel crying. I looked over to my left and saw that side of the bed empty. Robbie never came home last night. Worry flooded through me as i got up and went to tend to Rachel before she woke up Spencer.

"Shh," Spencer cooed as i walked into the room.

"I didn't want her to wake you," i said as i sat down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

She shrugged. "It's not a big deal. Where's Robbie?"

"Maybe you know because i don't."

She sat down next to me. "Did something happen yesterday?"

"I.. I don't know. He wasn't helping at all with Rachel and all i did was ask him to hand me a diaper and then he said he was going out for awhile and then he never came back."

"Something's not right..." She handed me Rachel and then took out her iphone. She typed some things up and then her face looked surprised. "Um... Gracie.. you're not going to want to hear this..."

Robbie POV

What the fuck did i just do? I woke up in the bed of someone i didn't even know. And i was naked so there was no telling me that i didn't sleep with this girl because of course i did. I was afraid to get out of bed because there's no doubt that this was going to be on the front of the paper. If she didn't see it now, she's going to see it when i get home. I'm so screwed.

"Hey," she said nudging me. "Get up. Don't you have a fiance and baby to go home to?"

"Not anymore because of you," i spat as i rolled over.

"Look, it's not my fault you came into the club alone."

"But it is your fault that you spiked my drink and got me to sleep with you."

She smirked. "Seemed like you were having fun though. Although my name isn't Gracie."

I pushed the covers back and stood up. "You're right, you're not. And you're not as good as her." I got my clothes together and left her room and her house all together. Whoever this girl was, i didn't want to see her or bee seen with her ever again. I have to find a way to make this better.

The house was silent as i made my way in. i put my keys in the bowl next to the front door and shrugged my coat off. I saw Rachel was asleep in her pin in the living room and i silently walked over to her. "Daddy messed up big time," I whispered as i stroked her cheek.

"How much," I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Gracie standing there with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Gracie, i can explain." I started to walk towards her.

"Don't come near me. You can explain yourself right where you are."

I sighed, knowing she was right and that i deserved this. "I know i shouldn't have gone to the club. That was stupid of me and you deserved a break more than i did. All i was doing was writing new songs while you took care of Rachel by yourself. I deserved to have that girl spike my drink..." I ran my hands through my curls.

"What? That girl you were pictured with spiked your drink?" I nodded my head. "Well, it's not much of an apology, but i'll take it for now."

Relief washed over me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you Gracie." I got on my knees in front of her. "I'll make it up to you, okay? I'll try my hardest to prove how sorry i am to you."

She smirked, her arms still crossed. "You can start by cooking dinner tonight." She walked off back into the kitchen. I smiled to myself as i got up off of the floor.